“Very friendly and welcoming staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai

You added The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai to your Saves list
The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.99 Madang Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200021, China (Xintiandi)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Hot Deal!Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 3,933 Hotels in Shanghai
Melbourne, Australia
“Very friendly and welcoming staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at Langham Xintiandi Shanghai four times now and I find the staff very friendly and welcoming and the food, coffee and wine excellent. On my business travels I find this hotel to be an oasis. The staff always have a smile on their face and they are attentive. One night I was woken up at about 3am with road works by government workers outside. I told the night manager and he actually got them to stop. They have done a very good job of hiring a consistent personality that is warm and welcoming. The rooms are also excellent. Internet coverage is good. You can actually access Google from this hotel and that is not always the case in China. Coming from Melbourne Australia I like my coffee. Frankly, the coffee is pretty ordinary throughout China, mainly because of the milk I believe. The coffee at this hotel is amongst the best I have had in China. The breakfast offering is excellent. My Shanghai business contacts are either close or they do not mind coming to this hotel. For business appointments in Pudong it is only a 20 minute taxi ride. It is about 15 mintues from the Maglev bullet train from Pudong airport. There is a good gym and a pool. The weights room is a little limited but serves what I need.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Lobstertastesogood,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of The Langham Xintiandi on Trip Advisor. Your comments will be shared with the rest of the team as an example of great initiative on the part of the Night Manager in stopping the noisy works. We are happy to hear that as a frequent business traveller your needs are well met at the hotel.Your continuous support of our hotel is most appreciated and we look forward to your next stay.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently stayed in the Langham Shanghai for one night, whilst on a work trip.

The temptation to throw a blatant sickie and simply stay in the hotel and enjoy all the facilities was intense. From start to finish the service was impeccable, the location fantastic, the room comfortable and stylish (I could have done without the overly complicated toilet, but it's not worth docking a star for....). I only got the chance to sample breakfast (an ample and well presented buffet in the main lobby of the hotel) but if it's indicative of the rest, then it will be impressive.

And the wifi was flawless.

Dear Clarabellestar,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. Even though your stay was short we are happy to note that your expectations were met from a number of aspects including a fantastic location,great product and friendly service. We look forward to your next stay when we hope you will try the rest of our facilities including our Chaun Spa and the Cachet all day dining restaurant.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

There is really little to add to those who have commented before me, this hotel really does what it does very well. We stayed for 6 nights on the club floor (highly recommended) in a suite with a lovely bathroom (wooden bath for two!), full rainshower, a toilet with more gizmo's than I thought possible, great views, supremely comfortable bed, nespresso machine and so on. The club lounge did a very good spread for breakfast, a very tasty "tiffin" and if you were that way inclined I am sure the snacks on offer in the early evening could replace going out to dinner - but there are far too many great restaurants around to want to do that! You have to make a fundamental choice when visiting Shanghai - stay on the Bund or stay in Xintiandi. We chose the latter and were very pleased we did. Fantastic area, great Metro access and without the traffic levels of the Bund. We took the hotel limo to and from the airport - not cheap but it made it all stress free - in Mercedes cars (with lunar mileages on them). A nice touch was being met at the airport for our departure by a lady in a Langham hotel outfit ready to take us to our check-in desk! I've been met on arrival many times - this was a first, to be met on departure! Well done. If I was being picky, it would be nice to have seen a bowl of fruit in the room - but there was fruit available in the lounge.

Room Tip: Choose a club floor corner suite for extra space and comfort.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear kinwafu,
We are indeed glad to hear your stay was superb in everyway and we are indeed proud to receive such a positive post on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are also pleased to note that you enjoyed our Club Lounge offer and service as well as our departure service touch. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I travel a lot for business and occasionally get put up in really nice swanky hotels, but I think the Langham Shanghai topped my list for a number of reasons, the main one being the design of the room. After spending so much time in hotels, I'm invariably unimpressed by most decor - either too cold and modern, spa-like or overtly bland. However Langham's setup was warm and inviting, and I thought my room's bathroom was well designed to fit the angles of my room - efficient, and with the most awesome rain shower. The room was cosy but spacious, and food and room service were top notch.

It's location is off of Huai Hai Road which is central to explore - straight up to the Bund to the east, and to artsy sculpture gardens to the west, and close to both international and local cuisines, both pricey and hole in the wall. I really did enjoy my stay here - recommended highly for either lounging or exploring.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Dear taurea,
Thank you very much for your positive post on Trip Advisor. The team are pleased to note that your stay was memorable and that you enjoyed the cosy and efficient design of our hotel complemented with great service and a super location in Shanghai. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Langham Xintiandi in the near future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved loved loved this hotel. The location was perfect. You can walk almost anywhere- peoples square, French concession or you are right on top of the metro which was so easy to use. All the shopping is right here. We had a Grand Double Room which was perfect. Super comfy bed, great views. The shower was excellent- a big wet room with a rain shower and to top it off there was a Japanese style toilet that was very hi-tech with heated seat and auto flush etc. They gave unlimited water, a nespresso machine plus a huge flat screen tv with about 5 English movie channels. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would def stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear NSDLondon,
We thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of our hotel highlighting the wonderful location with great shopping and dining next door and with easy access to other parts of the city. It is pleasing to note that you loved our hotel during your stay especially our modern room and excellent amenities as well as the service extended by the friendly and helpful staffs.We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the hotel.
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just stayed at the Langham Xintiandi over Oct 7 and 8, when Typhoon Fitow was pounding China with torrential rain.

The hotel location is fantastic. There's lots of high end shopping to be had just steps from the front door. I'm into watches, and there were boutiques for Blancpain, Breguet, Jacquet Droz, and Glashutte Original right outside the door.

Lots of food establishments within a 5 minute walk, which helped since I didn't get too drenched when going out for meals.

The rooms were very nicely appointed, 5 star quality, and the service was great. I'll stay there again on my next trip to Shanghai.

Dear Outdoor hiker,
Thank you very much for your review of the Langham Xintiandi on tripadvisor.As mentioned in your post our location is one of the best in Shanghai with easy access to other parts of the city. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the well appointed rooms and the great service provided during your stay.We look forward to your return when you next visit the city.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel has become my favorite shanghai hotel. The location at Xintiandi is perfect for shopping, dining and visiting all the nearby tourist attractions. As an 1865 Voyager member, they honored all the privileges such as the complimentary fruits, water, room upgrade, internet access and late check out. Having friendly English speaking staff made the stay really welcoming. From the moment you arrive at the foyer to the front desk, you are greeted by helpful and friendly staff. My hand carry and bags are immediately taken and check-in was such an easy process with little wait time. I was really amazed. I would like to thank my room service personnel who got me extra Chuan bath salts to make my own bath. The buffet breakfast was really good. The best variety that I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Ask the friendly staff for a quiet room :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Students77,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased to note that The Langham Xintiandi is now your favorite hotel in Shanghai.We are also happy that your expectations were met and that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Best regards
Hotel Manager

Been to The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai? Share your experiences!