“Unbelievable steaks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shanghai Slim's

Shanghai Slim's
building 10-12 (26D), Sinan Mansion, Fuxing Road #523, Shanghai 200031 , China (Huaihai Road)
021-64260162
Improve this listing
Ranked #503 of 12,686 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huaihai Road
Description: From the creators of New York Style Steak & Burger, comes their new high end prime steak, lobster and seafood concept, called Shanghai Slims, featuring an oyster champagne bar, martini bar, and open kitchen, located in the new Sinan Mansion’s development. It is now open to the public.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Unbelievable steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were invited for a steak night out and it was the most amazing dinner out on the trip. The steaks are simply outstanding, cooked to perfection in a casual yet formal setting. A dinner to remember and a place we would most certainly return to when in the area.

Visited December 2012

Spain
“Best steaks I have had in Shanghai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I go here about once a month and always have the same, the rib eye steaks. Although not cheap, you do get 2 sides and a sauce for the price. Thanks to the manager they always have an excellent wine selection. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and the staff are good by chinese standards.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Benefit of the doubt, but only just!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

As a very well travelled Brit who loves Eastern food I have found myself dining in too many of these surf & turf places for my liking as my wife and youngest son like their food 'sanatised'.

We dined at New York Style Steak & Burger (excellent) a sister restaurant on the first leg of this trip and all wanted to give Shanghai Slims a go.

My wife ordered the Lasagna (described as an American portion when she enquirer), my son a med to well 12oz rib eye and me the glazed Pork Chops. The waiter returned to say the last chops had just been sold so I went with the Veal Chop, medium. The Lasagne arrived and was cold in the middle. The meat, a good vet could have got to walk out of the Restaurant!

We politely asked fort the 3 dishes to be returned to the kitchen.

Alongside us were two charming American couisns from Chicago who said they had a simililar experience the first time here.

When the food returned the truffle mash showed signs of some form of heat treatment but the steak and veal were no better. We asked to pay for our drinks and left.

At all times Rain and her team of staff were very understanding and helpful. At home I eat a medium rare so I am not a cremating meat type. rain said her kitchen were sloppy and here comes the benefit of doubt bit. An Ex Pat restaurant on a Sunday Night - never again. No atmospher. See Boxing Cat for part two of an interesting evening!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Good steaks,very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Visited with a visitor from the u.k. Food was good but very expensive. We might have picked a bad night but the restaurant lacked any kind of atmosphere.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Best Steaks in Shanghai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We come here once a month on average- when our "low red meat" light starts to flash. The 12 oz rib-eye with truffled mashed potatoes and vegetables is a smack down deal. The T bone is comparable but my preference leans towards the rib eye. Seared fois-gras and Cobb salad make a nice split for appetizers (for us). Continually evolving wine list with price points and quality for all wallets and pallets.
Sure, there are some ups and downs in the level of service from time to time but, with volatility in restaurant staff in Shanghai what place doesn't? David the GM and Rain, the assistant Mgr always ensure that any shortcomings are addressed. Outside terrace dining in season or the upstairs dining room when it's too cool or hot. A "don't miss" in Shanghai ...