“Stay in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao

You added Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao to your Saves list
Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1116 Hongsong East Road, Shanghai 201103, China (Hongqiao)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #39 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
Asten, The Netherlands
“Stay in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Hilton Hongqiao is a very good business hotel, well situated for several reasons. Easy access to the local airport, representative to our business partners and personally well appreciated. Rooms and service are impeccable. The breakfast is great, although I reccomend to order the capo seperately....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Arie – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for using Tripadvisor and for writing your first review about our hotel. I am delighted to read that you consider our rooms and service "impeccable". Your feedback clearly demonstrates that we are heading in the right direction to becoming the hotel of choice for all (business) travelers in Hongqiao! As your rightly pointed out, our hotel is in close proximity to Hongqiao Airport; I.e. China's fourth busiest airport and the perfect gateway to get to all major cities in the country.

In Hongqiao many multinationals have established their regional offices, including: Philips, Bosch, McDonalds, Volvo, Citroen and Michelin. All these companies are a stone-throw away from the hotel and can be reached within 20 minutes. For the convenience of all our guests, we offer complimentary shuttle service to the main business districts from Monday to Friday. I hope you had the chance to make use of this facility.

Needless to say, I hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel again soon. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mike Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is my favorite hotel anywhere. I have stayed here twice for a total of 11 days and I can't say enough good things about it. On this stay, I have been in Executive Tower 3 and the room is amazing! Beautiful bathroom, extremely comfortable bed/pillows, large work desk area, large window, etc., etc. The executive lounge is great as well!

Staff is extremely helpful.

I'd like to recount an experience from my stay last year. Before catching my flight back stateside, I had gone to the Bund area to see the city. I took a taxi back to the hotel and, when I reached the hotel, I realized that I no longer had my wallet! Realizing that I had probably left it at an ATM where I had gotten cash to pay for the taxi and the trip to the airport, I went to the Concierge desparate for help. The Concierge enlisted the help of one of the assistant managers and several other people, to help me to first find and then retrieve my wallet. It took some time to do so and they went as far as to call a private number to the Hotel's banker so that he could call the bank to whom the ATM belonged to see if they had found a wallet. Once the wallet was found, they also arranged for the bank to remain open after normal hours so that I could pick up the wallet on the way to the airport. They also explained the situation to the taxi driver so that he knew where to go and that he was to wait while I was inside the bank.

A long story, but I believe it shows what this hotel is all about.

I would consider it a wonderful hotel on the basis of its location, rooms, etc. Throw in the quality of the staff and the intangibles, and it has become my favorite hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your wonderful review and, in particular, sharing the story about our Concierge team having helped to retrieve your wallet. We are very pleased to read such comments and that you consider our hotel as “your favorite”! Obviously, I will share your feedback with all team members involved!

Opened late 2010, the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is one of the newest hotels in the city. The hotel consists of three hotel towers, of which Tower III is our Executive Tower. This is where you stayed. With a minimum size of 59 sqm / 635 sqft, these rooms are the perfect place for guests that need to work in their room or stay in the hotel for a longer period of time. These rooms also offer an oversized bathroom and a bathtub with built-in television screen. Tower III has a separate entrance and reception desk, so guests can enjoy more privacy. Tower III also features the Executive Lounge where we serve breakfast, light refreshments and pre-dinner cocktails. Last but not least, we have two additional boardrooms in the Executive Lounge that can be used by our guests staying in Tower III for two hours per stay, free of charge.

Together with the 550 team members, I truly hope we may welcome you to our hotel again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Sacramento, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and I must say they have got it down to serve Western travelers.
The Executive lounge service is one of the best in all of the Hilton Chain..its a pleasure to go there, check in and check out is fast and without a hitch..

Rooms are wonder for 1- 2-3 spacious bathrooms are very well appointed and maintained. Bed are made to sleep and get a good nights sleep..Large working desk with multi outlets

Will return and return again

Room Tip: Location is close to Domestic airport and Train station, Taxi's are plentiful and several vert g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Phil – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am very pleased to read your second encouraging review about your recent stay(s) at our hotel. Given that you are a well-seasoned Hilton traveler (i.e. Shanghai, Guangzhou and Kunshan), you are able to make a good comparison between our properties and service levels. Your observations are therefore even more valuable and these clearly demonstrate that we are heading in the right direction! Rest assured that I will share your feedback with all team members involved and in particular with the colleagues in the Executive Lounge.

Your stayed at Tower III, which is our Executive Tower. This tower only offers 84 rooms and exclusive access to the Executive Lounge where guests may enjoy breakfast and pre-dinner cocktails. Moreover, guests that stay in the Executive Tower have private check-in and check-out and can use one of the boardrooms free of charge. The rooms in Tower III have a minimum size of 59 sqm / 635 sqft and are often booked by corporate travelers like yourself our long-staying guests.

Mr. Phil, I hope we can meet up in person during your next trip to Shanghai. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hilton hotel was a great experience. My second visit to the hotel and it met/exceeded all my expectations again. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and the executive lounge is wonderful. The location is very close to the airport (Pudong) and the concierge and front desk are extremely helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr. Paul – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your feedback about second stay on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that our hotel and friendly team members exceeded your expectations. I will certainly forward your encouraging comments to our Concierge and Executive Lounge staff.

As your rightly pointed out, the hotel in conveniently located and can be accessed by all modes of transportation. Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao High-speed Railway station are a 15-minute drive from the hotel. The international airport in Pudong can be reached in 40 minutes via the expressway. As the hotel is not in the heart of the city, traffic is smooth and taxi’s widely available. More and more multinational companies are establishing their headquarters in Hongqiao and, therefore, our hotel is often the preferred choice for those travelers working for one of those companies.

I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stay here through a business trip. Its always a pleasure to come back to Hilton Hongqiao. This time, there were some new front office staff though. One suit clad "Levi Zhang" met me in te taxi queue and told me it is not good for guests to jump queue and I can take the tourist map from the reception if I am not familiar with the roads... Had to tell him it would be nice if I dont have to talk to him!

The bar and the restaurants are great, as usual. The rooms are refurbished and looks great.
I could only suggest they work on the noise insulation of the rooms (from the noise from folks in the corridor and the vehicles honking on the road!!

Location - 8/10
Reception - 8/10
Attitude of staff - 8/10
ambiance - 8/10
Rooms - 9/10
Return to stay - YES

Room Tip: Take the rooms away from the road side for lesser noise. No particular views anyway!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Anand – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to post your second review about our hotel. I am pleased to read that you are a regular guest and – reading though your other posts – that you have found many restaurants that are in walking distance from our hotel. It is good to know that you start feeling very much “at home” when staying with us!

With regards to your comment about the taxi’s and the locality map, I am slightly puzzled what you exactly mean. I would therefore appreciate if you can contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to discuss this matter further, so I can take the necessary action. Nonetheless, our concierge and front desk team members are always happy to assist you in any way they can (or to translate addresses into Chinese, if necessary). I also take note of your comment with regards to the noise insulation. At present there is some construction taking place opposite the hotel resulting in large cement trucks and cranes to drive through Hong Song East Road. We have been advised by the contractor that main work will be completed before the end of this year. However, if you feel that your room is too noisy, please let us know, so we can assign you a room overlooking Mandarin City or the hotel tennis courts.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope that we will be able to meet in person during your next trip to Shanghai!

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As with other China hotels, this Hilton is spacious and well-maintained. Room was spacious and had all the modern touches such as an electrical blind near the bath tub and iPhone docking station. Comfortable bed and several types of pillows for you to choose from. Large work desk which is always important on business trips.

All the staff spoke reasonable English. The buffet spread (both breakfast and lunch) was extensive although food quality was not exceptional. The meeting rooms were large and tea breaks were as expected. The hotel lived up to its Hilton's brand name.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Irene – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thanks you for posting your comments and pictures on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that our hotel and service were in line with your expectations and with the Hilton brand name, in particular as I notice that you have stayed in many (internationally branded) hotels. Clearly, I will forward your comments to all team members involved.

The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is one of the largest meetings & events hotels in Shanghai. Apart from the 662 oversized guest rooms (with a minimum size of 46 sqm/495 sqft), the hotel also features a large variety of meeting rooms, including a ballroom that can host over 1,000 guests. Due to its location in Hongqiao, it is easily accessible by highway, airport and high-speed train (the airport and train station are just a 10-minute drive from the hotel). Since the opening late 2010, we have hosted a series of high-profile events including car launches, electronics exhibitions, gala dinners and media events.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and I hope we may host you again during one of your next trips from Singapore.

Dalian, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good and modern hotel closed to Hongqiao airport. I was there for a business conference organized by our customer just for one day. Service is good and rooms are in new and in excellent conditions. There is a big fitness area on the third floor (which I did not use), inclusive of tennis court and swimmingpool. The only drawback I found during my stay was the internet wireless signal which was poor in some area of the room. For a hotel which will host people travelling for business this could be a small issue. Price/quality ratio was excellent (but I had a special price due to the conference event)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Andrea – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and a fruitful conference. I also appreciate your feedback with regards to the strength of the internet signal in your room. We have retrieved the number of the room you were staying in and our IT manager is currently conducting some tests in order to enhance the signal. Thank you for having brought this to our attention!

As you rightly point out, the hotel is brand new and has a vast array of facilities; including the largest ballroom in this part of town (1,706 sqm / 18,363 sqf). As such the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is an excellent venue for corporate travelers and meeting attendees. However, we also welcome many leisure travelers, in particular over the weekends. Our relatively large guest rooms are perfectly suitable for a comfortable stay of a family. In addition, the gym, pool, tennis courts, spa and yoga classes offer ample options to relax and unwind. Over the weekends, we also organize the Kids Cooking Class and Sunday Family Brunch; two other reasons to stay with us.

I truly hope we may welcome you back to our hotel during your next business or leisure trip to Shanghai. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Mike Williamson

Been to Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao? Share your experiences!