“Luxurious ambience and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao

Save Saved
You added Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao to your Saves list
Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1116 Hongsong East Road, Shanghai 201103, China (Hongqiao)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #38 of 3,926 Hotels in Shanghai
“Luxurious ambience and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I wa stay there for office converence. The hotel has beautiful atmosphere. The room is very comfort and the bathroom have bath tub and shower room. The in-door pool is very nice. They have jacuzzi, sauna and spacious locker room. Overall I am very satisfied and will absolutely bring my family to stay there.

• Stayed May 2012
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our guest rooms and our wellness facilities. As you mentioned, our hotel is a great venue for both meetings and “weekend get-away” for families. Our 1,706 sqm / 18,360 sqft ballroom is among the largest in Shanghai and can host up to 1,000 people for dinner. During weekends, we welcome many families in the hotel enjoying the indoor pool and our Sunday Kids Family Brunch. On Saturdays, we organize kids cooking classes during which children can learn how to make dim sum, cookies or candy floss. Hopefully you will have the time to bring your family here next time for a weekend at leisure!

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Mike Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel does not dissapoint. Its my first choice for the Hongqiao area. It's close to Hongqiao Airport and Train Station. Fantastic rooms, very clean, very modern - I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your short, but kind review. I am delighted to read that you enjoy our hotel and value our excellent service. This is very encouraging feedback for our Team Members, which, I will certainly share with them. Indeed, our hotel is among the newest properties in Hongqiao area and we feature the largest guest rooms (>46 sqm / >495 sqft). Due to the hotel’s proximity to Hongqiao Airport and the Highspeed Railway Station, the hotel is the ideal venue for those guests traveling to and from China’s major cities.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Chesterland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel - while not so obvious from the outside - offered fantastic service, a great breakfast buffet. They cater to international visitors - with things like many English speaking staffers, a great variety of TV channels and a good menu of dining choices.

It is a place to stay - not a place to hang out. The bar was just fine and like the rest of the hotel had great service.

But the room? It was amazing for Shanghai. Beautfiul decor, enormous rain shower, enormous soaking tub and lots of ammenities to comfort during the stay.

Internet worked fine and room service was good. Also - the spa was very good!

I couldn't ask for more...

Room Tip: Eat breakfast here before you head out for the day. Their buffet offers an enormous variety of food...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure reading your comments. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and we are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us. As our hotel opened late 2010 it is still among the newest hotel properties in the city. As you rightly mentioned, our guest rooms are spacious (>46 sqm / >495 sqft) and are all equipped with oversized bathrooms, including walk in shower and bath tub. Rest assured that I will share your comments to our Team Members, in particular the spa team and culinary brigade.

I hope we may welcome you at our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Kind regards

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at this property for two one night stays in and out of Shanghai. I missed my train at Hongqiao station and had to overnight so I looked on my phone for a hotel and the Hilton came up. I have stayed at the Hongqiao Marriott and was not impressed at all. First night I stayed in the Executive building. The room was quite nice but nothing spectacular. The club lounge seemed to be poorly run as food was left empty for an hour before being restocked. Staff seemed more focused on texting and laughing with each other. So for me, the executive floor was not worth the money.
My second night was in a deluxe room and I preferred this room much more than the executive room. The room was quite modern and had a very nice bathroom. I did not find the light system to be overly complicated.
I ordered room service and the meal was great. The gym is very big with modern equipment and even some boxing heavy bags and speed bags for some stress reducing workout.
I took a taxi to the international terminal at 6:30 AM and it took about ten minutes.
For me this is the top hotel near Hongqiao airport and it is cheaper than the old Marriott. I found the service to be excellent outside of the executive lounge.
My advice if in the Hongqiao area is to stay here in a standard or deluxe room. This property is much better than the Hongqiao Marriott

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your extensive and candid feedback on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you had the chance to experience different areas in our hotel and, hence, are able to make a comparison between the various room types. Indeed, the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is the newest hotel in Minhang district and offers the most spacious guest rooms (>46 sqm / >495 sqft) as well as extensive wellness and gym facilities. Given the proximity to Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station, the hotel can easily be reached by travelers making domestic trips in China.

I do regret, however, to read your experience in our Executive Lounge. I have shared this feedback with the related Team Members in order to prevent these things to happen in the future. Nevertheless, I would like to apologize for this glitch in our service delivery. I hope we will get a chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, so I can personally ensure your stay will exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel before, only stayed one night and fly back, cause the location near SHA.But have to say not happy this time and will choose another next time. Taxi from SHA, 50RMB,20 minutes. I booked non-smoking room but there is smoking smell make me crazy. Requested to change to non-smoking but need to be upgrade and pay extra.

Room Tip: There is a bar street outside the hotel if you love night life.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Ms. Amelie,

Thank you for your sharing your candid feedback on Tripadvisor. I regret to read that your recent stay was not up to expectations and that you were assigned a non-smoking room with a smoke scent. This is certainly not acceptable and, hence, please accept my apologies.

We are sometimes confronted with guests that do smoke in their room, despite being on a non-smoking floor. Albeit such rooms are being deep-cleaned at all times, it appears that our efforts have not been satisfactory. For me to better assess on what has happened (also regarding the requirement for a paid upgrade), I would appreciate if you can provide me with your contact details as well as your stay dates. Please contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed on Dec 23 and 24 after a long flight from Sydney. This Hilton is an outstanding hotel in terms of service and comfort. As a diamond member I was upgraded to the Executive floor and there were fruits, dessert and even a bottle of Shiraz and a welcome card. Executive guests are given priority check-in at Tower 3 which is excludively for Executive guests only. The Excecutive Floor Lounge (L3) serves wide selection of breakfast - both Chinese and Continental food, light afternoon tea and evening snacks & drinks which are good enough for dinner! The Lounge staff are very friendly and attentive.
I was not feeling well so I did not use the gym or the pool and only had a light meal at the Level 1 buffet restaurant which also serves ala carte meal.
My room is spacious (about 60m2 ?) posh, with a big TV on turn plate which allows bed or sofa viewing.The ligting design may work not to individual's expectation, nevertheless its a nice design. The only con probably is that the bathroom light can't be on when the bed lights are off. The coolest TV is the mirror facing the big tub - allows soaking in water and TV brewing...
The work station has a very sleek modern professoinal feel and it allows most shapes power plug in. I bet very few so called international hotels cater for international guests needs to this minor detail ?
Another minor flaws may be that the long link between the Tower 3 and main lobby which either from outside or internally via steps..
I choose this hotel because I prefer to be close to Hongqiao airport and train station. And I enjoyed my short stay despite not in good physical condiitons to use some of the facilities. I am returning for 2 nights during New Year to finish off my trip to China.

Room Tip: Stay in the Excutive floors - special treatment
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is indeed a pleasure to read through your encouraging comments, as well as the recommendations you make with regards to the lighting. The Executive Tower (Tower 3) opened in April 2012, and is only accessible for our Executive Guests; including our Diamond Members. As such, it is a “hotel, within a hotel” and provides all hotel services to our Executive Guests – including separate entrance, elevators, front desk, lounge, meeting rooms and library.

I truly hope you will be coming to our hotel again soon and that I will have the possibility to then welcome you in person. Please feel free to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next travel arrangements. For now, I hope you have fully recovered after your busy travel schedule.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Generally I took Hilton as my 1st choice when I travel around the world. But this one is just a so-so hotel which not make me any memory. I spend almost 1 week in august which is the low season, the staff here still can not remember me & my decaf-cafe. I could joined better if the hotel care more about customer experience here.

Room Tip: You tell me...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay with us in August. In your comment, you mentioned that you were not given sufficient personal attention and recognition during your stay. Clearly, this is not in line with how we would like all our guests to feel welcomed in a warm and hospitable way. Rest assured that I will share your valuable feedback with all our Team Members and that we will take action for such things to happen again in the future. Nonetheless I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation, so I can ensure you will be well-looked after.

Mike Williamson

Been to Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao? Share your experiences!