“Clean, value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi

You added Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.338 Hengfeng Road, Shanghai 200070, China (Shanghai Railway Station)   |
Hotel deals
4.5 of 5 stars 428 Reviews
London
“Clean, value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with the marriott's offer of 3 for 2, so it works out around 750RMB/night. The hotel locates 10 min walk from Shanghai train station, which is handy if you are going to travel to other city. Anyway we arrived from the airport and took the Maglev train, then changed for metro, as the hotel is also not far from the metro station. The location is not bad, and you are expected to commute out by taxi as taxi in SH is cheap. The service is superb and the room is really large and comfy. Highly recommended if you are staying at least 3 nights in SH.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SilviaXu, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi!

Thank you for your feedback on your visits to the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi!

We are delighted to read of your positive comments on our facilities and location and we are so happy that you have had a great stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future!

Kind regards

Marketing Communication Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We were happy when we spent our stay at Marriot Hotel, the room was great , it had a big window and great view. The room was spacious and lovely furnitures,too. The location was excellent in city center, would recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi. I hope that you have enjoyed a pleasant journey onwards from our property and that this message finds you well!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding what you enjoyed during your stay.We look forward to your return!

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this property before, in 2011, and I was here for a few nights in January 2013. This hotel continues to impress me and I would hastily recommend it to anyone travelling to Shanghai – it is of good quality and usually has good prices to boot. I would definitely stay here again.

PROS:

- Very comfortable rooms, very clean and to a very good standard of décor and comfort. The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms’ noise insulation was very good, with little noise from the outside or from the corridor.
- Quick check in, and friendly staff with very good levels of English. The guys on the doors were very helpful in calling taxis for me when there were none outside the hotel.
- Location is great for the railway station and for the Hanzhong Rd subway stop just half a block away.
- Location is also good for eating and coffee options. Step out of the hotel and to the left just across the road are a coffee shop and a couple of eating options, and a block away is a Starbucks. Nearer the station there are the standard KFC, McDonalds, and Ajisen Ramen, as well as a range of other eating places. There is also the Evergreen mall two blocks away. There is a Watsons store next to the hotel (across the road to the left if you step out of the hotel) which is useful for bottled water, snacks (both packaged and hot), and toiletries.

CONS:

- If you like a more ‘touristy’ location this is not the place for you, since Hengfeng Road is a main road from the station into town, and there is little to ‘see’ in the immediate area.
- There is no sauna/steam room/hot tub at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SilviaXu, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, January 31, 2013

South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Spent 3 nights here. Booked 2 rooms with Priceline no name biddding. Could not have asked for better. New, well maintained Hotel with friendly helpfull staff. Location not the best but metro staion a hundred metres away.
Tip : if you comming from the airport thake the Shanghai Railway station airbus. Hotel is about 300 metres walk from station.
For the amount i paid, this hotel offered full value if not more!! Will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: ASk for an upgrade. They normally upgrade you to the premier rooms higher up!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding what you enjoyed during your stay. I do appreciate for your compliment comments on our room、 location and restaurent as well as staff service. In fact, our location is also good,only minutes walking to Shanghai Railway Station and metro line 1, 3 &4. A number of city attractions are with easy access, only 10 minutes to Nanjing Road West, Jing An Temple and People Square. 30 minutes from Hongqiao International Airport and 60 minutes to Pudong International Airport.

We look forward to your return! Until then, please feel free to contact us with any further questions, comments or concerns!

Marketing Communications manager
Delft, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a deal on priceline wich allowed to stay here for 45dollar a night, wich we thought was a bargain. We had a really big room, with rain shower and nice view, very modern decor. The people at the front desk were very friendly, and helped really well. They even arranged traintickets for us. Beds are somewhat softer then the usual hard beds you have to sleep on, and when you want a simple but healthy meal head over (on the same street) to Wagas, loved there food! location is somewhat out of the way, but with a taxi this is simply solved! would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher your room, the nicer view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi!

We are delighted to read of your positive comments on our facilities、food and location and we are so happy that you have had a great stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future!

Kind regards

Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I was able to spend a week in this hotel and I personally think it is one if the most cost convenient of the Marriott chain in Shanghai. I went there for business purposes and I prefer this hotel instead of the Courtyard Xujiahui (where I went a year before and which by the way is more expensive and pretty close to this one).

The traffic at peak hours can be really awful but this happens in all Shanghai, so there is pretty much nothing you can do.... Just take the subway which by the way is very close to this hotel!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SilviaXu, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, January 22, 2013

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm very disappointed. Actually this is my first time in Courtyard hotel, and after this horrible stay, I highly doubt if I would stay once more in any Courtyard around the world.

When I checked in, everything seemed nice. Someone would get you a cup of hot tea at the front desk, and then take you to the elevator. The room is very spacious and almost clean, and it's not noisy at all since the hotel is not located at the busiest block in town.

However, at the second day, everything went wrong. First my door key didn't work. I had to reactivate it. If someone had told me earlier, I wouldn't have to go up and down to the 25th floor twice. Then the scale didn't have batteries in it. The housekeeping lady could not speak fluent Mandarin. This is not a very cheap Motel 168, so I assumed she could be more polite. This was not the issue though. When I wanted to shower at around 11:30 pm, I found out that someone had obviously set my shower. Maybe this was my fault because I was just too stupid to figure out how to use it myself. I could not understand the instruction by the lady at front desk on the phone either. Why don't they just put a sign at the shower to avoid questions from an uneducated guest like me? And if they do have only one repairman at night, which is totally understandable, why don't they explain at the first time that I have to wait for a little bit longer? I had to pretend I was furious so that I could know why.

The place you put your shower gel has super wide slots. Everything you place in there will fall on the floor. So notice that. There's no good place for breakfast around the hotel. I didn't try the restaurant on the second floor because people say it's bad on Tripadvisor. So buy some bread and milk at Lawson next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi!

We appreciate your feedback on this website during your stay with us. At Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectation on some parts and for this we extend our apology. Please feel free to contact with me if you have anything would like to share to hotel managment. We valued your comments and hotel are committed to providing you with the highest level of servcie.
Marketing Communication Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi? Share your experiences!