I had a wonderful time at the Wardorf in Shanghai. A few days prior to arrival, I was already emailed as to my preferences. I was also reminded that I did not indicate my preferred check in time when I made my reservations. I spent four nights in Shanghai last week. The first two was at Peninsula. It was good hotel but the service there was unimpressive (that is fodder for another review). The sheer warmth at the Wardorf check in was such a welcome change. My partner remarked at the difference. We were checked into Peninsula Shanghai two days prior by a set of indifferent reception staff. I had booked a river view room and it was a wonderful surprise that I was upgraded all the way to a luxury river suite. The suite was gorgeous and huge (100 sq meters at least) . The amenities were top class. In the room was a nice card from my individually assigned concierge. That was certainly a nice personal touch. Most hotels do not that. During each day of the stay, I had specials brought in - new fruit baskets, cookies, candy and macaroons. I am merely a Gold member and not Diamond but I felt really like a VVIP. the night before I left, I had a call from the personal concierge to ask if I had any feedback. She promptly went on to arrange my transfer to the airport the next day after offering me a variety of options. That was helpful as I usually left that to the very last minute. Thank you Wardorf Shanghai for making this trip so memorable.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai On The Bund Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai On The Bund Hotel Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining the history and culture of the celebrated Shanghai Bund with a taste for 21st century sophistication, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund offers a heritage ambiance, legendary service and timeless amenities to make your stay truly memorable and distinct. Housed within the two-building complex in phases are 260 well-appointed rooms and suites, stylish environments for dining and lounging, extensive banquet facilities with stunning views, luxury spa, fully-fitted gym ,free WiFi and more, all crafted onto a picture perfect setting that speaks volume of the grandeur and finesse that is uniquely ours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.