68 Yuan (£6.80) for a bottle of water placed by the kettle so when we arrived, thirsty! we used the water with NO WARNING of the price. Why should a hotel like this which is superb stoop so low to increase their revenue On the second day the replacement water had a ticket around the top so they are well aware of this malpractice as others must have been caught out by this and complained. Maybe they felt if we made the same mistake again we would complain too vigourously, too right we would have. What a great shame to spoil what was otherwise an excellently priced stay. I shared the room with a friend so the water cost me a quater of the room rate! BEWARE. Excellent stay if you take your own water. We had one breakfast free and paid for the other 88 Yuan. Average 44 Yuan. OK at this price but worth no more.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya Hotel
- Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya Hotel Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI ZHONGYA is a brand new designer hotel ideally situated in a convenient city center location: guests can enjoy quick access to People’s Square, Nanjing Road &the Bund. The hotel is only 12minutesaway fromboth Yu Garden or Xintiandi by taxi; 25 minutesaway from Shanghai Hongqiao Airport and 40 minutesaway from the Shanghai Pudong International Airport. With guest comfort and well-being as its priority, each of its well-appointed rooms & suites is a haven of comfort featuring full length glass windows;37-42 inch LCD TV screen with full laptop connectivity; internet and WIFI access; the finest in bathroom accessories with rainforest shower as well as luxury Pacific Coast bedding with 400 thread-count linen.At the GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI ZHONGYA Dining at both the Chinese and all day dining restaurants will be a delightful culinary experience, while relaxing at the chic lifestyle lounge-bar could well be a 24-hour indulgence.For leisure and entertainment, a range of facilities located on Level 6 includes a gymnasium and chess room.Keeping fit with the gymnasium’s latest equipment will be a joy, as guests take in the panoramic view of the city and the natural light by day, and city lights by night.The Spa beckons with 11therapy rooms. Well known for its special spa treatment menus,pamper yourself and rejuvenate your mind and body with oils, aromatherapy or other beauty treatments.For events, meetings, conferences and weddings, a full complement of versatile meeting and banquet facilities include an elegant Ballroom that can cater up to 350 guests, four meeting rooms. A professional team of experts are on hand to tailor every occasion to the guest’s requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI ZHONGYA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.