b4 my trip, i was choosing between this and another B&B which had an extremely good deal. it was a tough choice but i finally decided on magnolia becos the french concession area appealed to me. and i didn't regret my choice.
i stayed in the red room overlooking the road but it was quiet enough for a light sleeper like me. got wake up calls every morning from a bird in a cage kept by a neighbour (just outside the bathroom). housekeeper is a lovely friendly woman who helped me to carry my luggage up the stairs even tho i had not asked (contrast this with my experience in another B&B in nice where the owner just flatly refused).
1 good thing abt this place is its fairly flexible. i had to cancel 2 nights' stay at very late notice but I did not have to pay any additional rate unlike with other hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Magnolia Bed & Breakfast Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Magnolia Bed & Breakfast Shanghai Hotel
- Magnolia Bed And Breakfast Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the historic French Concession in a 1930’s structure on a small street, Magnolia Bed & Breakfast offers its guests a view into that famous era. Building and design elements from the Shanghai Art Deco period have been renovated and refurbished with an eye towards contemporary comfort. All the 5 rooms are individually designed to provide guests with everything you need for a pleasant stay. ... more less