“Perfect after a long day at Expo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai to your Saves list
Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1108 Meihua Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 201204, China (Shanghai New International Expo Center)   |
Special Offer
Suite Weekend Offer
Ranked #20 of 3,845 Hotels in Shanghai
chicago
“Perfect after a long day at Expo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was greeted at the airport by Harry from the hotel. Such a nice guy. Loved the hotel from the moment I arrived after a long flight from Chicago. Once I arrived I was greeted by Taylor as soon as I got out of the private car. Check in was in my room. The view was beautiful I especially loved the button near my bed to open the shade. Everyone at the hotel was courteous and helpful. Best hotel I have stayed in Shanghai so far! So relaxing to walk back to the hotel after a long day at the expo across the street.

Room Tip: The Korean BBQ across was inexpensive and fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JHS_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Burke56,
I am delighted to read your comments and on behalf of the team, I would like to sincerely thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements experienced throughout your stay; from the service and facilities that we provided at the hotel to your feedback in regards to the team. They certainly play a significant role throughout in ensuring that your stay is memorable and I will definitely share your feedback with Harry and Taylor, they are equally delighted to learn that you remember and appreciated all their efforts. Your feedback is always very important as it helps us to continue evaluate and improve our services and product range. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

After a month of travel I am beck to my home country. I was in Shanghai for business purpose a beautiful city. I stayed in Jumeirah a unique hotel. Hotel was busy because of exhibition and world cup, but everything organized. Beautiful lobby with such antique items. The room was beautiful, clean, and very functional. This is top quality. Everyday housekeeping girl cleaning my room with a smile on their face that really makes a good day. I often tried to eat out to discover Chinese cuisines. The gym is great and the sauna fantastic. I really enjoyed the hotel. The lobby is amazing with an LED ceiling. Well in the evening I used to come back to hotel to have some drinks and back to room. I met Paul a brit guy. First day he served me and he is so friendly to check my satisfaction, I am so pleased that next couple of days when I went atomically my drinks is in front of me of my choice because he remembered each drink that I like. It really make you to think that AM I so important guest. All the staffs are very friendly my each moment is valued in the hotel. I really want to come back and next time I will come with some of my friends from UK to experience the hospitality. Thanks Jumeirah.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chris H,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Paul our management trainee is indeed one of our stars. His attention to our guests’ needs is an innate part of the way Paul performs his duties, and we fully recognize his value to the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Paul, he will be very appreciative. Once again, sincere thanks for recommending Jumeirah Himalayas to your friends, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Brescia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I'm here for a trade show. The hotel is superb with people extremely kind and helpful. the location is not in the core of the city but it's literally in front of the exposition center. so perfect location for the fair

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for quite a few times. I love this hotel and one of the best city hotel I've been to.

I stayed in a de luxe room. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. I love the fact that the window blinds is electronic. Just a button away and you can close your window blinds!
The room decor is fantastic. I love the asian-modern decor of the room and the whole hotel itself.

Bathroom is the best! Rain shower head, reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the rain!

There is a Chinese restaurant in the hotel and the food is delicious! Even room service menu has good selection and tasty too!

Gym is amazing and big.

Usually I don't really stay in my hotel room, I'd rather eat outside or explore the city. But in this hotel, I'm always happy to just stay in my room comfortably or just order room service while watching the tv. (lots of english channels like nat geo, lifestyle network, history channel, discovery channel and much much more)

Free wifi and internet is fast. Staff are courteous.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
JHS_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear asb_9theTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai and I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience was excellent. I am pleased to read you were so satisfied with the quality of the food and service provided in our Shanghai restaurant and room service menu. Our constant effort at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

A stunning hotel that pays attention to the small details. Room and bathroom are huge and very clean.
Great location with lots of small shops and massage spas opposite the hotel.
The metro is right outside of the hotel entrance.

Also, look up in the hotel lobby to see a nice little surprise.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Sabwills,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai and for acknowledging so many positive elements about the hotel from the hotel facility to the design of the lobby and the location of the hotel. I have shared you comments with the team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed there a couple of times and every time it was a new experience for me. The hotel is just great! Rooms are huge equipped with all the things you might need.The bed is from the heaven, so nice and soft, I slept there like a baby.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
The buffet dinner is yummy, they are making special dinners, like Arabic, Brazilian, Mediterranean etc. where you can enjoy in the food from all over the world, but you can always find a delicious asian dishes as well.
The only thing, there's nothing around the hotel, except massage salons and a shopping mall with a Starbucks coffee shop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear BojanaBles,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit with us at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai on Tripadvisor. First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage, I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I am very proud that I am surrounded by these wonderful individuals who exactly know how to deliver a good quality service to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the entire team including the Kitchen and Service team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. Hope you can visit us again so that our Concierge team my guide you in various activities you may find in the Pudong area from our Movie Theater in the Himalayas center to the Century Park 5min walk from the hotel and many more. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai hopefully in the very near future.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Jumeirah is, not surpringsly, a fantastic hotel. I do like the mix of impeccable discrete luxury in a Chinese contemporary setting. The lobby is just marvelous with great Chinese arts and a tea garden setting.

Location is just soso. Convenient access to shanghai expo and the maglev train but otherwise, really off. 60-100 RMB taxi trips to go downtown shanghai (puxi/French)

And expensive..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear DvdinChina,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel,Shanghai on Tripadvisor.
I am particularly glad that you enjoyed the art and design elements – we are very proud of the Chinese heritage of the design, and the blend with modern features to deliver a unique product. We are happy to have had such an impact on your visits, and I will certainly pass your comments onto the many departments that help to create the experience of your stay. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Jumeirah Himalayas to continue providing the best service experience. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

EAM Operations

Been to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai? Share your experiences!