“NOT at Holiday Inn level” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central

You added Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1359 Jinqiao Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200129, China (Jinqiao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #197 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.0 of 5 stars 70 Reviews
Padova
“NOT at Holiday Inn level”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

I stayed 9 nights, it has been a half disaster, I do not know from where to begin:
1. Personnel speaking poor English or not at all. One for all: in my request I put "far away from elevators and ice-machine", they asked me if I wanted an ice-machine in the room!
2. Credit card pre-authorization higher than the total amount.
3. Room not well cleaned.
4. Wall-to-wall carpet not clean and worn.
5. Furniture old and sometime broken.
6. Requested several times, to the reception (in English and in Chinese), to have a spare toilet-paper, without result.
7. Bathroom: stinking bad.
8. Bathroom: hires, not mine, in the ground.
9. Air-cond without possibility of regulation.
10. Windows full of dust.
11. First day, no coffee for breakfast, explanation: coffee beans finished!
12. Breakfast Chinese style, not American, not continental, only some sliced bread, butter and jam.
13. Breakfast: every day few forks and few knives, ok I need one, but some of the days I had to ask for one.
14. Breakfast: my colleague had a boiled egg, once opened the eggshell the "white" was yellow, he took anothe: the same, and so another one, then he gave up with the eggs.
15. Breakfast: restaurant tables not really clean.
16. Breakfast: in front of the breakfast desk there was a carpet dirty and sticky!
17. Two times the restaurant was closed all the rest of the day: lunch and dinner.
18. In the brochure of the room and in front the restaurant door is written 10.00 p.m. closing time. At 8.00 p.m. was regularly closed.
19. In the notes I put at the reservation, I asked for a quiet room. My room was in front of an enormous construction site! Surely not quiet.
20. Last, but not least, ok that the price was attractive, ok that there were extra points, but at the moment of reservation it must be said, at least, that is in front of a huge construction site.

Surelly I will not stay there anymore!

Room Tip: High level rooms and opposite to the construction site.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
WU O, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to our service. Rest assured that we are looking in to details, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.We hope you'd give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

IHG Social Listening Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

A very good hotel specially when you come business. Staff here are very cooperative. Near by metro is line 6 just 10 mins walk. Best part hotel gives you free Wi fi. Rooms are good but little congested. Near by Indian restaurant is Bollywood Indian restaurant which serves Indian vegetarian food.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Limassol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the definition of a business type hotel and it is my regular choice during my visits to Shanghai because it delivers great value for money. The rooms are quite spacious, very well appointed and the beds are very comfortable and with a range of pillows to suit different sleeping styles.
Efficient front office staff and clean rooms plus a good (but limited choice for westerners) breakfast round up a very pleasant experience that is offered at a very good value. One drawback is the excessive road works in progress now which limit road access. There was no noise level problem in my room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I and my mother come in group tour from Indonesia. Hotel is rather cold because the heater is turn off when spring comes. Outside temperature is below 15 degrees celcius. Because we are coming from country where temperature rarely goes below 25 degrees celcius, we hardly struggling cold. I explain our problem to the staff. Staff are helpful, one of them can speak good english. He and a nice lady help and provide us an electric portable heater in my room.
Bed linen quality is very good for this 3 star hotel. One of the reason I choose Holiday Inn express when stay in China, is their price, location, and their cotton bed linen quality. They provide 2 pillow you can choose their firmness. Or you can choose booth :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Panvel, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was on business trip in 3 rd week of March. I landed in hotel on saturday evening & got first surprice. The receiption inform that restaurant will be closed on weekend evenings & I need to venture out for dinner.
Luckely found out one Indian resturant Bollywood Indian within 2 km distence.
The room is good with all basic amminities. Do not select road side rooms as road construction work is going on & lot of noise is there.
The breakfast is average if you are veg. Only bread, corn flakes & fruits is available. Free ride cysle is avialble for first half hour. Afterwards chargable.
Compared to charges, facilites are good & maintained. Wired LAN connection is available. They informed WiFi is not available but for me, I was getting it on my Android very easily. On monday morning I requested for Taxi. The staff tried hard to get one for me but not sucessful. Then he gave me the guidence to use metro & provided with map in chinease & english which helped me lot.
Overall, Okay experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cissy z, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear mayuresh123,

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central, Shanghai and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel .We are always seeking feedback from our guests to understand what they value and what can be improved, so we are grateful for your comments and our problem will be improved in the coming months.Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

IHG Social Listening Team
Ningbo, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a typical business hotel, but the difference is on the staff attitude which was fantastic, the very nice bkfst included in the price.
The fact that you cant bikes, and also the cleanless and the nice rooms.
Compared to what the Marriott or the Ramada charge you ( triple).
No doubt i will use this hotel often.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Due to business meeting, I've stayed in the hotel for 2 nights.

The hotel is in the middle point of my co's R&D centre & the city centre (putong), about 40 min taxi ride from the hotel to the town centre. So, it's one of my few choices for my trip. Yet, it's not bad - we simply need a clean & tidy room for us to rest after the whole day meeting - which it met the purpose perfectly.

The room is spacious & the toilet is clean. However, the room originally assigned to us was having a toilet door under repairing. Upon contacted the service deck, they swapped another room swiftly. I would expect as an international hotel group, they could do it better (mark down which room was under repairing?).

There is a 24-hr mini-store (faimly mart) right next to hotel. So, got hungry during mid-night is not an issue for us. Despite the hotel include western buffet breakfast but the quality is so-so. Yet, considering it's price, I would say it's fair.

For a business hotel, I would expect a higher speed wifi network, which the wifi there was only good enough for me to reply emails but not good enough for me to have facetime (video call) to my family.

The room is better & cleanner than my expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central? Share your experiences!