“Helpfull staff and but no heater in spring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1359 Jinqiao Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200129, China (Jinqiao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #156 of 3,734 hotels in Shanghai
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Helpfull staff and but no heater in spring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I and my mother come in group tour from Indonesia. Hotel is rather cold because the heater is turn off when spring comes. Outside temperature is below 15 degrees celcius. Because we are coming from country where temperature rarely goes below 25 degrees celcius, we hardly struggling cold. I explain our problem to the staff. Staff are helpful, one of them can speak good english. He and a nice lady help and provide us an electric portable heater in my room.
Bed linen quality is very good for this 3 star hotel. One of the reason I choose Holiday Inn express when stay in China, is their price, location, and their cotton bed linen quality. They provide 2 pillow you can choose their firmness. Or you can choose booth :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Panvel, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was on business trip in 3 rd week of March. I landed in hotel on saturday evening & got first surprice. The receiption inform that restaurant will be closed on weekend evenings & I need to venture out for dinner.
Luckely found out one Indian resturant Bollywood Indian within 2 km distence.
The room is good with all basic amminities. Do not select road side rooms as road construction work is going on & lot of noise is there.
The breakfast is average if you are veg. Only bread, corn flakes & fruits is available. Free ride cysle is avialble for first half hour. Afterwards chargable.
Compared to charges, facilites are good & maintained. Wired LAN connection is available. They informed WiFi is not available but for me, I was getting it on my Android very easily. On monday morning I requested for Taxi. The staff tried hard to get one for me but not sucessful. Then he gave me the guidence to use metro & provided with map in chinease & english which helped me lot.
Overall, Okay experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cissy z, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear mayuresh123,

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central, Shanghai and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel .We are always seeking feedback from our guests to understand what they value and what can be improved, so we are grateful for your comments and our problem will be improved in the coming months.Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

IHG Social Listening Team
Ningbo, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a typical business hotel, but the difference is on the staff attitude which was fantastic, the very nice bkfst included in the price.
The fact that you cant bikes, and also the cleanless and the nice rooms.
Compared to what the Marriott or the Ramada charge you ( triple).
No doubt i will use this hotel often.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Due to business meeting, I've stayed in the hotel for 2 nights.

The hotel is in the middle point of my co's R&D centre & the city centre (putong), about 40 min taxi ride from the hotel to the town centre. So, it's one of my few choices for my trip. Yet, it's not bad - we simply need a clean & tidy room for us to rest after the whole day meeting - which it met the purpose perfectly.

The room is spacious & the toilet is clean. However, the room originally assigned to us was having a toilet door under repairing. Upon contacted the service deck, they swapped another room swiftly. I would expect as an international hotel group, they could do it better (mark down which room was under repairing?).

There is a 24-hr mini-store (faimly mart) right next to hotel. So, got hungry during mid-night is not an issue for us. Despite the hotel include western buffet breakfast but the quality is so-so. Yet, considering it's price, I would say it's fair.

For a business hotel, I would expect a higher speed wifi network, which the wifi there was only good enough for me to reply emails but not good enough for me to have facetime (video call) to my family.

The room is better & cleanner than my expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The hotel is located nicely but a bit off the popular route. Provides good value for money. Staff is helpful and the breakfast spread is very good. Choice for vegetarians makes it interesting. We got a good rate through booking.com

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Blackheath NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

A good, inexpensive hotel for a stay in an expensive city. Arm yourself with a Metro map and get additional directions from the very helpful staff and you'll find yourself in central Shanghai in half an hour for just a few yuan. And there's a good shopping centre just 5 minutes down the road, with lots of shops and restaurants.

The rooms are comfortable and quiet and have everything you need. Breakfasts are simple but very adequate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable bed and choice of firm/soft pillows. Does require some knowledge of local bus and train system to travel around town. Within walking distance to #6 train. Good breakfast, different every day. Good service from the staffs. Will definite return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jinqiao Central? Share your experiences!