This is my first stay at this Intercontinental property, a unique boutique hotel. First of all, the location is great both in term of the view and close vicinity to some major sightseeing attractions as it is right located on the north of the bund. I stayed at Premier Bund view room (after I did an upgrade from deluxe bund view room )The rooms's nicely appointed, unlike like most standard western 5-start hotel rooms,it is uniquely decorated & furnished - (e.g. on both side of bed, it has lantern-like lamp whose intensity can be adjusted according to your preference ), making it a very good choice for couples. The room I stayed offers great, if not breathtaking view of the bund as well as Pu dong Skyline. Make sure you you for Premier bund view room (not Deluxe bund view,which only offers limited view of partial Huang Pu river facing Pu Dong,). A nice touch is that room's equipped with Bose FM &IPOD ready stereo system.
It has a bar/lounge on the top floor (or near the top) of the hotel, on the patio, again, you will be impressed with the view of the bund.
The breakfast selections are OK, considering this is not intercontinental hotel.(meaning, don't expect lavish buffet breakfast you expected from a luxury 5-star hotel). It's semi-buffet, meaning it has self-sever some cold cuts, drinks.., you have to order the hot meal (if breakfast is included in your room rate, you can order one of the hot meals on the menu ).
There are some shortcomings I experienced during my stay:
1. The shower in the bathroom just didn't have enough pressure.
2. The room was kind of cold despite the fact I'd turned the Air-con temperature to the maximum (I don't think it was working properly)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, Hotel Indigo's first property in Asia Pacific, sits directly on the Huangpu river front, Hotel Indigo assures not only spectacular views of both the historic Bund and dramatic Pudong skylines, but an upscale boutique hotel experience where the focus is on inspired service, fresh and vibrant design reflecting the local neighborhood, and providing guests with an authentic taste of today's shanghai, where old and new converge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Ctrip DaoDao, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.