“Terrible hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Pudong South Shanghai

You added Ramada Plaza Pudong South Shanghai to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Pudong South Shanghai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.938 Hunan Road, Pudong District, Shanghai 201204, China (Shanghai New International Expo Center)   |
Ranked #1,416 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
“Terrible hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Checked in and no lights in my room, they couldnt fix it for an hour. Plus sink in bathroom was clogged. Recommend anyone somewhere else to stay not here.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Location, no activities in the area, a small shopping mall across the hotel with only a Mcdo and Dairy Queen on the ground floor, there is a Chinese restaurant on the 5 floor, moderate price but not good for the Chinese restaurant in China.
Room, no western TV news channel, thin wall, can heard noises coming from the corridor and next room. Bathroon, hate those glass showroom window type although it has a curtain, floor tiles “noisy, colorful and dirty looking”, you won’t be able to find your earring or contact lens or false tooth if it fell on it. Bed, so so. Window, you can heard the noise coming from the street below even if you are on the 11th floor.
Restaurant on 2nd floor, the corridor and stairs leading to it is dark and unsafe. Food, not 4-star, more like 2-star, the fruits are not fresh or sweet, the mandarin orange is not sweet. The fruit drinks are diluted, taste more like water with sugar.
Most of the ceilings or doorway on the corridor are low, an average height Caucasian would get his head bumped.
Free internet LAN but for the iPad, need to go lobby for wifi or bring a portable wifi for the LAN.
The restaurant or bar at the lobby is boring, no singing band or entertainment.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

My friend and I had a very comfortable stay at the hotel and I must specially commend the entire staff for their co-operation and helpfulness in every situation, like the first day when we arrived and the taxi driver charged us RMB 135 for a trip from the Maglev station to the Hotel which would normally have cost us about RMB 15, till the last day when my friend need boxes to pack some samples he wanted to carry back to India. Mr. Alex from Front Desk was very helpful especially attending to our needs himself and so were the Concierge staff.
Located close to the Maglev station from Pudong International airport and also the New Expo Centre. Host of small Chinese restaurants withing walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front have best view.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

On arriving at the Ramada Hotel in Pudong, I was impressed by the hotel itself. But these thoughts were quickly erased.

Upon (attempting) to check in, I was informed that I had no reservation. This is after travelling for 15 hours straight. I speak next to no Chinese, and despite their website advising that the staff there are able to communicate in a variety of languages (including English), it took nearly 2 hours for me to check in. Yes, 2 hours.

Upon checking in, I was starving. I called the front desk to order room service, but was informed there was no room service available at the moment (it was 4pm). I was disappointed that such a large hotel only offered room service at meal times, but that I could deal with.

I called the front desk again at 5.30pm, thinking that this was beyond reasonable of me to wait this long. I was then informed that the hotel does not offer room service at all. At no time!

So I then went down to the front desk personally to enquire about the various restaurants advertised. I was taken to a private dining room, totally alone, and given a huge menu, entirely in Chinese, and none of the staff were able to advise me what the food I was looking at actually was. It was most unsatisfying and just plain weird.

The next day I was joined by 3 of my colleagues (who had the exact same experience upon checking in, despite my attempting to inform the staff that they would be coming to the hotel). We went in search of the gym and fitness centre passionately advertised on the website. We were informed that it had not been built yet. Despite it being advertised on the website, with photos!

And as if to rub salt into my wounds, whilst waiting for my colleagues to join me to go to a meeting, I was rudely informed that if I wanted to sit in the foyer/bar area next to the front desk, I would need to buy something, despite having spent a large sum on accommodation and food.

The elevators would constantly skip your floor (I had to wait for 15 mins at one point, only to have to catch the service elevator to escape my floor), the walls are very thin and you can hear EVERYTHING (*shudder*) the your neighbours are doing, and the breakfast runs out of food and coffee by about 8am (it finished at 10am).

Of course it had its good points, like good rooms, a decadent interior and the odd helpful member of staff.

If I were to stay in Pudong again, it would most defiantly NOT be here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Taoyuan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

No room service. Only one Chinese Restaurant for group dining. No food at the bar, no western restaurant. Single traveler will have problem getting meal. Outside the hotel is still under construction, and only some local food store nearby. Will not be convenient for western people.

Service in the restaurant is local standard. They will check your clothes in front of you one by one for botton or flaws when you call laundry service. Need to deposit additional money in the front if you want to use mini bar. Otherwise the fridge will be locked. They do not even mention that when you check-in. Will not supply amenity when make up the room. After two days tissue went out and no suppliment till the end.

Their way of service and thinking is still local although it is Ramada group.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Plaza Pudong South Shanghai? Share your experiences!