“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Central Hotel Shanghai

You added Grand Central Hotel Shanghai to your Saves list
Grand Central Hotel Shanghai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.505 Jiujiang Road, Shanghai 200001, China (People's Square)   |
Ranked #23 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.5 of 5 stars 622 Reviews
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The main attraction of this hotel is that it's in a great location-only 10 minutes walk from the Bund and People's Square, and 5 from East Nanjing Road metro station.

Our room was a decent size and clean.

The hotel gym was well equipped but the pool was to cold to use.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
grandcentralhotelsha, Public Relations Manager at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai and for your nice comments on our hotel location and room. We apologize for the cold swimming pool. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we will take action to improve it. We look forward welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The staff are very helpful, the facilities provide for all your needs and the various eateries mean that you need not leave .
The surrounding area is also a pleasure to explore, It is a quiet hotel does not seem to Shanghai. although other from the bustling city of Shanghai, furnishings, atmosphere is calm and much can not imagine.Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very pleased that our hotel met with your expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

i have stayed in lux hotels all over the world though this hotel made me impress in so many ways.............location, value, staffs, amenity, etcetc.
i can only recommend this hotel to all my friends who may go to shanghai soon. i was particularly impressed with nice swimming pool & spa and the choice of so many different pillows!!!!!!
i guess i payed for 3 nights stay for the value of one night of other hotels i usually stay in nyc or dubai, etc. sooo nice:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is always a great pleasure to receive the nice comment such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Choosing Grand Central Hotel Shanghai mainly due to its great location, just few minutes walk to Nanjing East MRT station (Exit 4) and the popular walkway along Nanjing East road is just across the street, and just 10-15mins walk to the Bund, it makes a great choice for me to stay in this pretty new Hotel.
Upon arrival, the big and spacious hotel lobby attracted my attention. Love the oval shaped structure hanging in the middle of the ceiling, it is actually a ballroom which was pretty unique in its architecture. I'd actually arrived early and the front desk was kind enough to arranged a room for me.
The room I got was very spacious, and facing Nanjing East road which gives the bustling Shanghai feel. Love the spacious bathroom, and well equipped with a bathtub and shower room.
The whole hotel gave me a luxury feeling yet the staff was friendly in all the queries I had with regards to the hotel or nearby attractions.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a nice view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
grandcentralhotelsha, Public Relations Manager at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your compliment on our room and our services. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

AMIR

i was in this hotel for 5 nights for business trip.
actually this hotel is very nice in all of aspects. Polite and kind staff , big room and acceptable services , i enjoyed of the location and availability to shopping mall .
The furniture was good and it was classic decoration .
If i go to shanghai again, i will stay in this hotel absolutely.
the breakfast must be better , fruit must be added to this breakfast .

maybe i go to this hotel with my family in next summer ...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Grand Central Hotel Shanghai. We are delighted that the hotel met with your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you and your family next summer.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I spent 20 days at the Grand Central Hotel in a business trip and I do not have not even a single little complain about it. Actually I loved everything! The room is very nice and clean with a great king size bed and different options of pillows. The staff is really helpful and efficient. The location is great! Close to the subway, sightseeings, malls and many good restaurants. The best part of my stay was the outstanding breakfast! Besides the regular Western food they also have a great Asian isle, which I had a lot of fun trying out different stuff everyday. On my next trip to Shanghai there is no doubt that I will stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review of Grand Central Hotel Shanghai. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we truly appreciate your high esteem of our room, breakfast as well as the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Despite the bad start of my experience at the hotel, it turned out to be a rather good experience overall. My flight into the city was delayed and I ended up arriving at the hotel in the middle of the night and with more than just a few hours delayed. There was only one person at the reception and the lights in the lobby were dimmed to a minimum, only to be told that my room was no longer available. However, I was offered a suite at a reasonable price. The room was excellent,spacious, very clean and with all the facilities one could ask for. The service is a bit questionable though. The worst was when I had someone knokcing at my door, at a time I had the "do not disturb" sign on. I thought that was absurd! The breakfast was not impressive and definitely nothing that one should get out of his way for. During all my visits to Shanghai, I have stayed at Pudong and Nanjing Road area. I must admit that the latter was better. It was equally good for going about my business that included commuting throughout the city's CBD, but it was better as it offered more choice for things to do after work. The pricing of the hotel was reasonable and I suppose that this is a plus. In conclusion, this is a good hotel. It is a shame that they let details create a negative impression to their guests.

Room Tip: If you will have a late arrival, make sure to inform the hotel in advance, otherwise you may be left...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Grand Central Hotel Shanghai. We have noted your comments on the issues of delay, service as well as breakfast, and we’ll bring these comments to the related department head immediately. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to showing you the improvement that we have made.

Been to Grand Central Hotel Shanghai? Share your experiences!