“top notch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Shanghai Puxi

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Shanghai Puxi to your Saves list
InterContinental Shanghai Puxi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.500 Hengfeng Road, Zhabei District, Shanghai 200070, China (Shanghai Railway Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 3,734 hotels in Shanghai
Madrid, Spain
“top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I checked out of a standard level hotel in Shanghai as it was below my expectations and discovered a magnificent hotel.
Everything was top class, I had a wonderful large room on the 30th floor with all the extras that you would expect. I used the gym, room service... restaurant and a 10/10 for everything.
Location is okay, a short taxi ride took me to Nanjing Rd and then a pleasant walk onto The Bund.
Price was possibly the only downside but I was prepared to pay anything after the previous hotel/night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lily S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear guest, we are so happy to hear that you had wonderful experience in InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, thank you for your great comments; AND a 10/10 mark!!! Yes, only 5 minutes by car to Nanjing Rd makes us a great luxury hotel with very convenient location. Look forward to your coming back soon, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was staying at the IC Puxi this past month for a two night stay for a conference. Even though the hotel is a bit off to the side of the center of Shanghai, the location is easy to reach with the subway (just three stops from the Nanjing Rd). I arrived very early on the day of my stay and was quite tired. Didn't want to wait until 2 pm for check in. Even though I would have been eligible for an upgrade they said that that room would only be available at 2 pm but they would have a standard room available right away if I wanted. This was perfect service for me, the reception staff was very accommodating. The standard room in my opinion was of very good quality. And the toilet :) have to say the warmed up toilet seat is a killer discussion topic.
The only negative part of my stay was the experience that I had at the hotel bar. The draught beer has run out and instead you had to get a bottle beer that was even more expensive than taken from the mini bar. Not too logical.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lily S, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for staying with us, and very happy that you enjoyed our convenient transportation, services, especially our automatic toilet seat :) We will further follow up with F&B department regarding your kindly comment, and will be always committed to offering greater service and product in accordance with luxury standard of InterContinental hotels. Look forward to your coming back very soon!
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had the chance to stay in your property few years ago and came back fee weeks ago. I have to say that i have been really taking care of. In fact, the Duty Manager Mr Dean has been very patient with me and made my stay very comfortable. I felt that the team were very concerned about guest services. The overall ecperience in room is extremely comfortable with HUGE shower and amazing bedding.
I would recommend to all my friends, familly & colleagues to stay at your property.
Welldone and see you soon.

Room Tip: If you can, just pay a little more and experience Executive Lounge and Executive Rooms, fantastic ba...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, welcome back, we are truly glad that you have enjoyed at InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, thank you very much for your good comments and encouragement to us. We will continue our effort and focus on providing high standard of service of InterContinental hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
London, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My NON smoking room smelled like the smoking room at Tokyo Station ( a lot of cigarette smoke)
Electrical equipment should be renewed,
The air conditioning made problems a house technicians has to come.
Wifi is not free
Breakfast is ok, could have more choices. sorry
The employees should speak better English.
My floor was badly worn

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lily S, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for choosing the InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, we are sorry for your non-favorable experience, we will further investigate this case, we would appreciate if you could send us your contact email address, in order for us to report to you accordingly.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back and serve you as per the high standard of InterContinental hotels.
Huron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

These rooms have every gadget imaginable! Even the toliet seat lifts up on its own! Very spacious and comfortable, plenty of room to have visitors comfortably. Location is across from the train station, very easy to get anywhere in Shanghai! Would stay again in a second.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you so much for choosing our hotel, we are truly glad that you have enjoyed our facilities and convenience of transportation. We are looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay soon.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the last few years and it is a favorite!
I love the Intercontinental brand and this is a great modern version
Not too far from anywhere and with cabs and MTR so cheap it gives access to the whole of Shanghai
Big comfortable rooms and a great club lounge

• Stayed March 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel almost a year with pleasant home feeling - home away home. Even they left IHG group last September, I managed to stay until early this year, throw all my points away only because the service and long term stay agreement... however, all people I knew, stayed with left and Sales could not honor anything but hike of price.... it pushed me, as a Loyal Ambassador member to other hotels, even Marriott in Shanghai.
Hearing Puxi hotel is back under the same GM - very happy. Booked one night for my friend and come to visit just want to try the feeling. Had dinner at 5th floor with friend. In general, seems the service is back, just no more familiar faces. Asked if anyone in Sales when talking with reservation, NO.

Maybe will try this month and National Holidays to taste the service hope my "old friend, old home" would be back! Hardware is better than other InterContinentals in Shanghai now just need the services back!

Wait and See by an old friend at InterContinental Puxi!!!

Room Tip: Room 3119 is the best view for a normal stay! Just asking for **19 rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lily S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Shanghai Puxi, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for such a warm and pleasant comments to our hotel. We are very proud and happy to be your home away from home, and for sure 100% continue to be. Sorry to respond you so late! We do have all the member benefits back to our loyalty clients like you. Do contact me when you are available, lily.song@icshanghaipuxi.com, I am director of sales & marketing of the hotel, look forward to your coming to stay with us very soon, and look forward to meeting you soon in the hotel.

Been to InterContinental Shanghai Puxi? Share your experiences!