Ah, the wonders of global Christmas! Rudolph, St. Nick and Bing Crosby greeted us daily on the corridors. At least some respite in the lifts and certainly in the Club Lounge, which took the word 'club' literally, i.e. playing club type music.
But back to the review.
Lovely property, wonderful rooms (the windows do open!!!!), the gym, pool and spa areas are among the best I have seen in any IC property.
The hotel is somewhat off the beaten track and you are not in walking distance from the attractions. Is this a negative? Not really. Take a cab and 15 minutes later you are at your destination. Walking from a downtown hotel might take longer, so no need to complain about that.
The staff are trying their best, you can feel it, however there are consistency issues in service and attitude, which I am sure the management will look into.
Overall it's a true 4.5/5 to be honest!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Shanghai Expo Hotel
- Intercontinental Shanghai Expo Hotel Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental Shanghai Expo hotel is the only international luxury hotel in Shanghai located adjacent to the 2010 World Expo site with impressive views of the Expo site, Huangpu River and city skyline. We offer personalized efficient Chinese service. “Better City Better Life” Expo theme is reflected in this lifestyle hotel through, the gardens, health club, historical villas and food & beverage concepts. The hotel is conveniently located to leisure and business areas with easy underground and bridge access around Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Shanghai Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.