Luckily I got upgraded to a corner suite and the views were absolutely fantastic! Lots of windows all around. A Club level room, and the complimentary breakfast (including made-to-order eggs) and the evening drinks and canapes were great. Super helpful staff goes above & beyond.
The room lights were tricky and I played a guessing game every day about which rocker switch did what, and I had to hit the switch just right before it would work. Same with the automatic curtains.
Do not drink the tap water. There is no signage and I just happened to flip through the room manual and saw the warning ........... on my 4th day in the hotel. I think I'd been using the bottled water provided! They provided at least 5 bottles every day.
Spa decor was superb in the entry and outer areas. Room ok. Shower door wouldn't stay closed and I had to hold it shut with my foot as I showered. I do not recommend the 30 minute neck and shoulder massage because you sit in a chair and the massage is through the terry cloth robe. Very weird. Also the pedicure was weird as they didn't soak the feet and remove dry skin. My toenails look good but my heels are still bad.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Shanghai Expo Hotel
- Intercontinental Shanghai Expo Hotel Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental Shanghai Expo hotel is the only international luxury hotel in Shanghai located adjacent to the 2010 World Expo site with impressive views of the Expo site, Huangpu River and city skyline. We offer personalized efficient Chinese service. “Better City Better Life” Expo theme is reflected in this lifestyle hotel through, the gardens, health club, historical villas and food & beverage concepts. The hotel is conveniently located to leisure and business areas with easy underground and bridge access around Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Shanghai Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.