“4 nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai

You added Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai to your Saves list
Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.500 Gushan Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200233, China (Lujiazui)   |
Ranked #205 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.0 of 5 stars 111 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
“4 nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights before our tour and 2 nights at the end of our tour as part of the package. We received 3 beds for the family of 4. The hotel conceigre was great. Helped us purchase tickets for the train from shanghai to beijing. The staff also called taxi for us and showed us where to go for the nearest shopping mall which was 10 min by taxi.
The metro is about 10min walk away. The location is not central and we could not find a laundry place. However we were able to take the metro to the shanghai zoo.
The room was a smoking room with a musty smell, the bathroom was large. The breakfast had a good selection.
The only issue I had was there was no wifi in the room so it was fortunate we brought one labtop for the cable. As we had 2 ipads.
As for swimming pool we looked but did not use. There was a games area also for ping pong and basketball if I was not mistaken.
The staff spoke mandarin and fortunately we spoke conversational Mandarin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning and at the end of our Shanghai and area packaged tour. Our first room was well appointed and clean, but our second room had a strange layout - pillar through the room and the lighting was very dim. In both cases, the rooms turned out to be smoking rooms and we could detect a faint odor of smoke - we neglected to ask for a non-smoking room - not sure if they had any. Overall, the hotel had a very liberal smoking policy - the only place that didn't seem to allow smoking were the restaurants. The Chinese restaurant on the second floor was pretty good - service was good although the staff had very little English. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of both Western and Chinese dishes. The front desk staff were good for the most part with one exception, and their English was passable. The concierge on the other hand had limited English and concierge skills. Overall, no real complaints about this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linkoping, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for a few days at one of the smaller (and cheaper) rooms. The room was in good condition, but a poor layout did not do anything good for the small room.

No wifi in the room, but a decent LAN connection.

The breakfast is ok while not being on top. Other food in the main restaurant is pretty bad. However, there is a much better chinese restaurant on 4th floor (they had a brilliant mushroom dish and several other good dishes). They will soon open a japanese and italian restaurant too.

The staff was extremely poor in english and in general not very helpful.

Went to the pool ones and had to by a cap for 68 RMB. Not worth it at all as the pool was one of those that has been designed more for the eye than to actually swim in.

Overall an ok hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my third stay in Minya, Shanghai and it's still a good option for the travellers wanna be near the Pudong Exhibition.

The hotels location is very convenient for reaching to exhibition venue in rush hours also very nearby connections to Zhangyang road.

Although the hotel provides comfortable rooms, I was not happy with the unprofessional service, language problems etc in my previous visits. But this time I experience better service. Especially the front desk staff improved a lot.

I'd be definetly staying there next time in Pudong for exhibiton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My stay with the hotel was from 13th. Nov 2012 to 17th Nov 2012. I had a pretty close schedule with my work. The room was --!!!??? The bathroom were dirty with uncleaned floors in the shower area. The fresh linen had a funny odour on to it!!!!. Wjile I checked in as it was provided by the organisers, I was demanded for a deposit since there was a mini bar!!??? in the nroom. Whilst I had informed it was insisted that I should pay the advance,next to me a couple from Mexico too were not spared. The ignorance of English language had made me perfect my miming skills explaning the requirements and getting it done. The breakfast spread was quite good with choices as per international standards.The staff were not that proactive, rather had no eye contact to understand our requirements.. The Housekeeping staff were not in viscinity but the room was always set while I entered my room. The locker, the amenities were there enough. I had no opportunity to utilize their in house dining facility. The wake up calls were prompt.I total a nice place to have a adventerous stay.

Room Tip: Good for a business trip
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed there 3 nights two weeks ago. It is very nice hotel but our room was facing the west side of the building. There is a new construction going on early in the morning bang noise we woke up 6 in the morning.We flew from Xian checked in very late..
The breakfast was fine.. Most of the server don't speak English!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not far off the subway line (we used subway and highly recommend it) There are some small shops near Hotel to shop for snacks and trinkets. Room was large and bed comfortable. Bring a swimming cap if you want to us etheir pool. They sell them for far less across the street from the Hotel in a small merchant shop, 10 RMB vs much more in the hotel. A nice rec/pool center with ping pong and weight room too. Wireles only in the lobby but ample space to sit around there. Concierge was helpful getting my PDA to work on their wireless. Great buffet breakfast with ample selection or western and oriental foods.
Out Pudong way so not as central as other hotels.

Room Tip: They're building a new highrise in front of the hotel so ask for a room not facing it as the cra...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai? Share your experiences!