We have stayed in many hotel's around the world and this was right up there with the best of them, we were in Shanghai for my birthday and stayed for five days. We arrived early in the morning expecting not to have our room ready until the afternoon but was surprised when they said it was.
Our room was on the fourth floor with a view over the entrance to the hotel, It was very big to go with the massive bed and a nice lounge area, Just off the bedroom was a dress room / wardrobe with plenty room for getting ready, the bathroom was amazing with a very large deep bath with a TV at the end, separate shower, 2 wash hand basins and of course a toilet, there was lot of gadgets in the room for spa lighting, electric blinds, music, tv and phone.
We spent an hour and a half having afternoon tea and champagne in the lobby lounge, Afternoon tea is expensive but a must for the cakes and the band.
The hotel is in a great location of Nanjing Road for shopping and the Bund, Taxis are very cheap if you needed to go further.
We ate in the Chinese restaurant which I have forgotten the name of and had the signature menu which was a bit of everything some very good and some not so but please we tried it, its was not that busy when we went at 9pm so better getting out early. We found the restaurants out of the hotel much better, notably Mr and Mrs Bund (French) which I have to say was the best food I have ever had anywhere also Morton's (American) another good place both with great views.
For the fist couple of days we were there is wasn't that nice with a bit of rain and fog so the terrace bar was closed, when it was opened it was very nice with great views of all of Shanghai although a little expensive.
There are many high bars and restaurants which allow you to see the views over the Bund, must go place's Vue bar top of the Hyatt, Flair bar top of the Ritz, Mr and Mrs Bund restaurant with views over the financial district and another for food and drink is House of Roosevelt on the 6th floor opposite the Peninsula.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- The Peninsula Shanghai Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the historic Bund with spectacular views of the Bund, Huangpu River, Pudong and former British Consulate gardens, The Peninsula Shanghai perfectly blends with the historic architecture of its landmark neighbours. The Peninsula Shanghai, which opened in October 2009, is the first new building to be constructed on the historic Bund in over 60 years. Offering the best of Peninsula traditions and a range of signature services and facilities, including Shanghai's largest guestrooms and the city's highest staff-to-guest ratio, The Peninsula also heralds the return of parent company, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited, to Shanghai where it owned and operated four of the city's premier hotels in the 1920s to 1940s - The Kalee, The Astor House, The Palace and The Majestic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao and Tingo so you can book your The Peninsula Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.