“Very Comfortable Stopover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dazhong Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dazhong Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Dazhong Airport Hotel
No.6001 Yingbin Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 201202, China (Pudong International Airport)   |
Ranked #668 of 3,926 Hotels in Shanghai
Wanganui, New Zealand
“Very Comfortable Stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Due to bad weather I missed my flight out of Shanghai. Next flight was 24 hours, so I tried the Airport Hotel. They could easily have charged me extra for a last minute booking, but instead gave me a room at a discount rate. The room was very comfortable and was of really nice quality. The only unusual thing was a round bed, but to be honest it was soft and comfortable so didnt even notice once I was in it. It was well equipped and the bathroom was quite large. Possibly the best feature is the location. Directly between terminals one and two, it is an easy walk with bags. This also places it right next to the food court and shops so grabbing a snack is easy too. One of the things I found most unusual was how quiet it was - I am a light sleeper but not a big fan of air conditioning. So I slept with the windows open and noise was no problem at all. As my flight was late the next day I left my luggage and went into town. It was nice to see it was stored securely (not in the foyer like many hotels). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was unfortunate to become ill while checking in for a flight and I was unable to travel for two days. So we stayed at this hotel and we were very happy with the level of service provided. We did have some communication problems (as we only speak English and not Chinese), but they were really helpful and managed to find what was needed in difficult circumstances.

The room itself, was modern and had all we needed. One thing I wasn t so keen on was the glass bathroom door (not at all private).

I would have no hesitation in staying here again, should I need a stopover at Pudong International Airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
colombo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This Hotel is very conveniently located between T1 and t2. there is a lift exactly halfway to get to the level where you can access the Motel and the Hotel. I stayed in the hotel on 25th June 2013 for 10 hrs.

the room is comfortable and with internet.
There is a restuarant serving a la carte and buffet. buffet was 48 rmb. and get only 48 rmb worth. not so great talking about but will get your hunger out of the way.

Convenience is the name as you are inside the Airport just five minutes from check in.

Room Tip: If you are staying here, you are not looking at great rooms. just a place to rest and sleep
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was booked for me for a stop over vor one night when arriving at Pudong airport. The room standard was o.k., English at receiption counter was an obstacle (as it has been in several hotels in China for me). Romms are o.k., free internet, cleanliness was o.k. as well, could be improved. The Bar is a plus, located at the top level and a good place to treat your jetlag hangover with a cold beer! :-)

Philadelphia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at the hotel (not the motel) 2 times within 1 week. Very convenient location, comfortable/quiet (for an airport hotel) and certainly value priced. I enjoyed the round bed and odd room layout! (round bathroom too!) Reception staff spoke enough English for my needs, not friendly but polite. One night I ate dinner in the restaurant, ordered off the Chinese menu and thought it was good. B'fast and lunch buffets ... extremely average, at best. Can probably do as well in the airport.

I would stay here again if I had a late arrival or early morning flight.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dazhong Airport Hotel, Pu Dung Airport, Shanghai is located between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and is very convenient for early departures or short stopovers. International Arrivals are in Terminal 2 on Level 2 and in the middle of level 2 there is a walkway to Terminal 1. Follow the sign to T1 or Metro or Maglev or Airport Hotel and after about 500 yards you will arrive at the stations for Line 2 of the Metro and the Maglev Fast Train. In the centre of the concourse there is a lift to go up one floor to the Airport Hotel. This takes you to the driveway between the Dazhong Airport Hotel on one side and its sister hotel, and slightly cheaper, Motel 168 on the other. The rooms in Dazhong are a rather strange layout. Inside the door is a small shelf for making tea then there is a very small clothes cupboard just big enough for the in room safe deposit box. Then there is a small table that has several power sockets and internet wired connection where it is quite convenient to work and recharge equipment. The internet connection is good. Next along is a large circular bed and then near the window a curved sofa and a small circular coffee table. On the other side of the bed is the door into the toilet which has a good sized shower cubicle. There are no side tables by the bed so nowhere to put a book or phone or glasses etc. so I had to move the coffee table to be able to do that. There is a large flat screen TV that has CNN and BBC news as well as a lot of Chinese channels. Two free bottles of water and tea making facilities are also in the room and there is a very limited Chinese food room service menu. Breakfast is not good being very basic Chinese food and limited.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2013, booking it advance which I have heard is preferable. When I checked in at 11pm at night, I heard the receptionist tell someone else that they were full.

The hotel is located in the terminal, you have to walk approx 15 mins (I was jetlagged and tired and can't actually remember). The front desk don't speak much English - it's basic and passable. Note that you will need to sign various slips/forms/receipts (in Chinese and some translations in English). I think I signed 2 or 3 (one is a deposit, one is to check in) - so don't be alarmed if you feel you are signing different things.

They key you get is strange, it took me about 5 mins to open the door. I think you need to rub it on something against the door. Sorry, I was so tired (flew from Syd to Beijing for a 10 hour layover then to Shanghai).

Everything in the hotel was nice, and clean. It wasn't too noisy and I found it great for the price (I think approx $60AUD) and the convenience - mostly because I was on my own and didn't want to catch a taxi at 11pm into Shanghai.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dazhong Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!