“A "Must Do" shopping trip” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #2 of 163 Activities in Shanghai
5.0 of 5 stars 394 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals from either USA, New Zealand or Britain, we take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with some wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our most popular Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Brisbane, Australia
“A "Must Do" shopping trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have travelled to Shanghai 5 times and have always loved the experience although I never have clothing made as I had dissappointments over the years. On a recommendation of a friend my sister-in-law and I booked the tour on our first day in Shanghai. Suzy and Emily were great guides, lots of laughs and very generous with their time. The cashmere jackets that we had made were perfect, the finish was excellent, something I did not have time to notice whilst in the shop. I took my husband back to the tailor on Saturday and he was measured for 2 cashmere jackets and I ordered another. They all turned up Sunday morning before 9.00am. Unfortunatley one jacket was a little tight for my husband but was a perfect fit for our son, so not a problem. Suzy ordered another jacket for me and it arrived thee weeks later with a supply of silk duvets, pillows etc. without any issues and the fit of the jacket was perfect. Betwen the to of us we ordered 7 cahsmere jackets, 10 shirts and 1 silk dress and all (execpt for man's jacket that was a little tight) were just what we wanted. I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Shanghai and my advice would be to take pictures or an outfit that you want copied as it will save time trying to make decisions! Thank you Suzy and Emily for a great day.

Visited September 2012

Westminster, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“pleasant Shangai Shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent the day shopping with Emily and very much enjoyed the merchants that we visited and the time we spent with Emily. We have received our custom made items and are very satisfied with the quality. It was extremely nice to have had someone else verify the quality before we shopped. The location of our lunch was very nice. I would recommend this outing even if you are not a determined shopper. The experience in the culture was fun.

Blue Mountains
8 attraction reviews
“So disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Had a great day shopping, ordered some silk shirts, told they take 2 weeks but the Shanghai Shoppers would collect and post them, to me. They are lost in transit and could take up to three weeks to find and then two months to get to me. Very upset, would not have done this if had not been advised. Dont buy anything you can't take with you. Postcards still not here posted over a month ago

Visited October 2012
shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am so pleased you had a great day shopping and you have received your shipping! Given they attempted to deliver your parcel the day after your review, the comments were premature regarding the shipping taking so long. As advised, we have been sending things via EMS for over three years and have never had one go missing. Of course whenever you send something via a courier company, there are always risks and we certainly never guaranteed the delivery time for your items in 7 days. Yes, there was a short delay, but everything arrived well before your deadline of December 10th. We offer the collection and posting of your purchases as an add on service only, we make no money out of it and don't guarantee or take responsibility for the postage. I see the items you had us deliver to your daughter in Canada arrived in 8 days and, as for your postcards, we didn't post these for you and this isn't something we have control over. It is a pity your experience with China and Australia Post tainted your great day out shopping!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A MUST DO FOR SHOPPING LOVERS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Without the assistance of this company I would have found the shopping experience in Shanghai totally overwhelming. As it was, our excellent guide MJ made it very straightforward by pointing us in the direction of reputable vendors and taking away the need to haggle. MJ went above and beyond what you would expect by purchasing and arranging postage to me of some items I later regretted not buying. They arrived in New Zealand in good time, along with some beautifully packaged ceramics I also had posted home. The leather jacket I had made fits perfectly and is all I hoped it would be. Do take your credit card! All in all, a totally positive experience that I would recommend without hesitation.

Perth Couple
10 attraction reviews
“Just do it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I went on the tour 5 November 2012 with Suzy as our guide. The shops/areas taken to were diverse and covered all tastes. Lunch was also great. We utilised the services of those vendors recommended with great results and it was also great not to haggle regarding prices. It was very beneficial to get the majority of our shopping done in one day allowing us to check out the other sides of Shanghai.

The shopping tour saved us alot as we ended up buying more than we intended to and not having to haggle (which we are both poor at). As there are so many vendors offering the same product, it was invaluable to know which vendor produces a good product.

Sincere thanks to Suzy and MJ for their assistance during our entire stay. If your visit to Shanghai includes some shopping, just do the tour and save yourself some time and money. You wont be disappointed.

Visited November 2012