“Something for Everyone” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #1 of 490 Shopping in Shanghai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals from either USA, New Zealand or Britain, we take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with some wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our most popular Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Something for Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had an absolutely great day earlier this month, including my husband who was not sure if a day shopping was really going to be his idea of fun. He now has a couple of lovely leather jackets. Our teenage daughter has enough scarves to last her for at least five years, and a cashmere coat that has had many admiring comments. The ceramics were nothing like we expected, and several pieces have come home with us. MJ our tour guide, did a great job keeping us fed, watered and entertained as well as guided. We did have one small problem with a bag purchase, which MJ and Suzy fixed immediately. What more can you ask for? Highly recommended.

Whangarei
“We would have had a miserable time shopping without you and instead it was simply fantastic! Thankyou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We came to Shanghai to watch the tennis which was brilliant but it paled into insignificance in comparison with the fun we had shopping with Shopping Tours Shanghai. We did a half day tour first and enjoyed it so much we booked in for a whole day a few days later. We came home with an extra suitcase each, secure in the knowledge that we have saved money, time and had had the time of our lives.. We were so well looked after and we found the trip balanced and the people we dealt with in the markets were honest and obliging. We can't wait to wear the leather jackets and cashmere coats we had made to name a couple of things we bought. I couldn't recommend this service highly enough and would do it again in a hearbeat.
Sandra M

San Francisco, CA
“Absolutely essential if you are doing ANY shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm a guy, and I've been to China 50+ times in the last 10 years. I'm always trying to buy things for my wife or myself, its a hassle to negotiate and quality is always questionable. I'm so angry at myself for all the time and wasted money over the years when I should have just been using Suzy and crew for help. Our guide was Emily, who was amazing. These folks have the insider access to pre0negotiated pricing on items of absolutely top quality. I can't rave enough about these folks. I'm enjoying my new suits (perfectly tailored, such excellent quality), some art boxes, all sorts of purses and bags, ties, belts, on and on. Please, please use these folks to help you shop. You can take a half day or a day and get everything you need and it will take all the stress out of shopping in China. Very highly recommended. A+++++

Hangzhou
“Shanghai Factory Shop Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

6 kiwis - 4 in their 50's and 2 in their mid 20's set out discover the best of what is on offer in the Shanghai markets. We were not disappointed. We bought tailor made jackets silk tops and pants and shirts along with silk boxes and photo frames. 4 of us visited the optician and bought new glasses at a fraction of the normal NZ cost. We indulged in many pieces of jewellery and genuine silk scarves. Not only the bargains but the help fun and support given to each of us from Sarah and MJ was simply delightful. Yes we got taken to a great Chinese restaurant for lunch and as it was my birthday delivered a fabulous chocolate mousse birthday cake there as well...no mean feat in Shanghai..Follow up for delivery of the garments as been second to none with MJ making sure to liaise with the tailor and us.Excellent day out made so much more successful by the people running the event...nothing was forgotten or left out ....we will be back and can say it is worth every $$ to have someone take you to just the right place....

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Even GREAT for non-shoppers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was by far the highlight of our trip to Shanghai. My husband isn't much of a shopper, but he had a MARVELOUS time. He ended up buying two nice, tailored winter coats, and I bought a new suit and several shirts. Our guides Suzy and Emily made us feel right at home and taught us how to bargain... which was perhaps the most essential thing I learned while in China. Aside from that, they took us to their trusted tailors where we didn't have to hassle with the bargaining. Our only advice is to try your leather jacket on before leaving Shanghai; this was the only garment that needed adjusting... everything else was PERFECT.
In addition to shopping all over Shanghai, our guides took us to a silk factory, to lunch, and in between shopping venues, we received several bits of the history/culture of Shanghai.
We HIGHLY recommend this tour company.

Visited September 2012