“Awesome vegetarian fare” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zaozishu (JiangNing)

Zaozishu (JiangNing)
258 Fengxian Rd, Shanghai, China (Nanjing West Road)
021-62157566
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 11,633 Restaurants in Shanghai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegan
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nanjing West Road
Singapore
“Awesome vegetarian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I went to the outlet at Fengxian Road, a 5-minute walk from Exit 1 of the Nanjing West Road metro station on Line 2. Easy to reach there even with luggage. I was so pleased with this place that I went back for 4 meals in 5 days. I tried the Mapo Doufu (spicy tofu), which was consistently good. The vegetarian spare ribs, ribs in Wuxi style, and vegetarian sliced steak were all very good too. I did try the dumplings and the Spicy Soup Noodles (Mala Mian - 麻辣面) -- skip these. Bland, not enough seasoning. Most of the dishes however were well-seasoned and tasted good. Price-wise I would expect to spend about 70-90 RMB for an average meal with 2-3 main dishes and rice, which can be shared with another friend and eaten to satisfaction.

Definitely coming back for a meal every time I visit Shanghai!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Germantown, Maryland
“Great vegetarian food at decent price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This restaurant offers very good vegetarian dishes at decent price. The main entree size is good, some of the dishes serve small portion for the price, however the taste is good.

Visited October 2013
“Glad I went, but wouldn't rush back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Finding vegetarian food in China can be tricky so this place seemed like an oasis in a desert. We ordered a few different dishes to share, most were delicious, one was totally disappointing (shrimps in pandan leaves or something like that). But it made a very nice alternative, as I say, glad I went but because the food wasn't amazing, and a little expensive I wasn't keen to go back.
Though having said that, my boyfriend, who isn't a vegetarian, enjoyed it more than I did. I was quite put off by the way they try to make the food look like meat, as a vegetarian, I didnt like that. This probably makes it a great place to go if you have both meat-eaters and veggies in your group!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Truly awesome culinary experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My friend and I shared about 5 dishes including a curry soup, mushroom szechuan, a noodle dish, a celery/mushroom/onion, a spinach dish and had a carrot/celery/lemon juice. All visually pleasing to the eye and glorious to the taste buds. Friendly service, bright airy, sizable dining area (there were some private rooms. Definitely leaped to one of my favorite restaurants on the planet! I am a vegan and my friend an 'omnivore'. They have 6 locations - we ate at the 258 Fengxian Road locale.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
shanghai
“Super creative vegeterian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was invited to eat at this place the first time when I moved to Shanghai two years ago. Since them it's been one of my favorite go to spots. The food is amazing and will turn any carnivore into a vegetarian, kudos to the creative mind behind this healthy spot! Plus it is so reasonably priced!

• Visited November 2013