“The best in service and facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Puli Hotel and Spa

You added The Puli Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
The Puli Hotel and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Changde Road, Shanghai 200041, China (Jing'an Temple)   |
Ranked #2 of 3,933 Hotels in Shanghai
manila
“The best in service and facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'll give it 5 stars, definitely. The service? Impeccable. The facilities? Only for the most discerning guests. It's easy to get pampered and spoiled here when the staff is just oh-so attentive and gracious (thanks, Nancy and Jeff). They are ready for your questions and for whatever you need as most of the staff speak English. The room we got has a King-sized bed (super comfortable!), a bath tub, top of the line bath products/ facilities, a sound system, LCD TV, and all the goodies from the mini-bar is included in the fee (so eat to your heart's content). Buffet breakfast has a good selection. The indoor infinity pool has a great view and good music playing in the background; the Jacuzzi room is spacious and clean -- just what you need to relax. The hotel's design elements are truly modern minimalist, very classy. I had a great time in this hotel and wished I stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The Puli Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your recent stay at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our tastefully designed guest room to its fullest with our comfortable bed, its great and sizeable bathroom layout with exquisite amenity products, and that you took advantage of our comprehensive TV and sound system. And of course complimented by our free mini-bar. I am also pleased that you were able to relax in our jacuzzi and wet areas and visit our indoor infinity pool.

Thank you especially for shining a light on our team members Nancy and Jeff for their outstanding service attitude; I have shared your feedback with them in particular - they were thrilled by your kind praises.

I sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chaweng, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

All prices are close to European's, but very convenient.

Directly at hotel are a Japanese and European restaurant with an outside dining facility in a very pleasant atmosphere.

All staff are very supportive and their English knowledge exceeded my expectation.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms far away from elevators and staircases because of the noise, especially at night. But...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am so pleased to read that you really enjoyed our room features and the friendliness and effectiveness of our colleagues and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Our team will be glad to read that their English training is bearing fruit!

My entire team strives to understand and satisfy its guests by offering a personalized level of services and your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to The PuLi Hotel and Spa in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

South West Rocks, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Puli outshines them all.
We stayed at The Puli for 3 days and nights in The Club and experienced the most friendly, relaxed and wonderful service we have received in any hotel in the world. After a long flight from the UK we were greeted with graciousness from all the exceptionally well trained staff. Our butler Alice was extraordinary right from our in room check-in until the moment we sadly said goodbye to her. She was knowledgeable and most helpful, arranging tickets for us to the best show on earth - the Circus (a must do in Shangahi) and also the lovely night river cruise. Nothing was too much trouble for Alice even providing us with written directions in English to great restaurants and must do sightseeing. Well done Alice and to the Puli for employing a star.
The Puli has been designed for the traveller who wants something stylishly different from other 5 star hotels - beautiful art and antiques in a very cool and beautifully lighted entrance foyer, long bar and relaxing outdoor area with comfy day beds. We especially loved the traditional Chinese dog statues positioned throughout the Puli to safeguard us during our stay.
Our room was spacious with a separate bedroom with a raised bed platform which highlighted the city view and a spacious lounge and sitting room. The bathroom was a real winner- great bath with a shower room. A point of difference was the special Puli perfume throughout the room.
We made good use of the gym, health club and fantastic indoor pool which were all easily accessible, immaculately clean and attended by helpful and very capable staff.
When the time came to say goodbye we were sad to leave this wonderful hotel but we will be back and have already started recommending the Puli to family and friends. Very well done everyone at the Puli and thank you all very much!!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Club room and suites - great value and exceptional service
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The Puli Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback from your recent experience at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our spacious guest accommodations with separate bedroom, highlighting the city view and the spacious lounge and sitting room and the bathroom layout. Happy to read you loved our special hotel scent throughout the property.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized service and I am so proud to learn that your butler Alice was able to read your wishes and deliver accordingly - she will be very pleased to read your accolades!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful and traditional art and artifacts throughout the property - and yes, we are very different in style and vibe when comparing to other competitor hotels.

I truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We travel to Shanghai 3-4x a year and the The Puli is one of our favorites. The rooms are large with a sleek Chinese Zen vibe, the lighting in the room is moody cool, and beds are super comfy (not always the case in China). Perfect place to chill and recover from jet lag. Did I mention the pool and spa? The women and men (separate) spas have private indoor soaking pools, and the in-door swimming pool is super cool. Great location in the French Concession near good Nanjing Lu shopping. If you can get a good rate, totally worth the $$,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for sharing your feedback from your most recent experience at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am so pleased to note that you enjoyed our large rooms with its sleek Chinese Zen vibe, the lighting sets which enhance the cool mood and the comfortable beds. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our wellness areas with its complete offerings and our fabulous infinity lap pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to one of your favourite Shanghai hotels and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the week end at leisure and enjoyed the property, was a relaxing and restful stay! Product is edgy and/but very comfortable. Great spa, cool bar/lounge area. Unexpected (in good ways) sense of arrival! Liked the bamboo and black marble!

Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor following your weekend stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was very happy to read that you had such a relaxing, leisurely few days and that you were able to rest and enjoy our property to its fullest.

We consider ourselves to be a Urban Resort and are able to surprise and offer our guests a tranquil and Zen like experience which shows in our high repeat capture rate.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon hopefully and remain in the meantime,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

There isnt enough words to describe this hotel, it is paradise on earth. From the moment me and my Husband walked in we were treated like royalty. The service was fantastic and the room was superb. We had breakfast included and I must say it's the best I've ever had. There was so much choice. Overall I would recommend this hotel who loves luxury.

Mohini

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, greetings from paradise on earth!

I would like to thank you for choosing The PuLi Hotel and Spa and for taking the time to post your fabulous review on Trip Advisor.

Design, location and amenities are all very important aspects to a great stay, but what sets us apart is the service delivery by our colleagues. We take great pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests. I was also happy to note that you really enjoyed our breakfast buffet spread and will share this with our culinary team.

My team and I look forward to having you back in the not too distant future and remain,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Puli for a few days with our 10 month old son. The hotel was fantastic - the staff couldn't have been more helpful, the swimming pool & spa were fantastic, the room was quite big with a view over the park next door and the food at breakfast was good.

The Puli is well located, close to a number of shopping centres (all upmarket), restaurants, foodcourts and to the metro. There is a supermarket that sells western & Japanese products close by, and a park next door. It is 3 stops on the metro to the Bund.

I asked the staff for a recommendation of a local dumpling restuarant to get takeaway to bring back to the hotel, and I was sent to a nearby restaurant that had been awarded the best dumplong restaurant in Asia at some awards - it was reasonably priced and the dumplings were superb.

Room Tip: The rooms on the western side overlook a large park
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa. I hope your homeward travels were uneventful and smooth.

I was very happy to read that you and your family had such a fantastic time and that our team members were instrumental in making your stay a success.

Great to note you enjoyed our facilities to its fullest and that the culinary aspect of your stay was so good as well. I was especially delighted that our Concierge was succesful in recommending a dumpling restaurant and that you enjoyed it.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit sometime soon.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Been to The Puli Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!