“THE place to by pearls” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 461 Shopping in Shanghai
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
Stow, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“THE place to by pearls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Pearls are my favorite jewel, so the second floor of this market is one of my favorite places in the city. I recommend April (up the escalator and around the right). She's got two booths and fair prices.

Beyond the pearls, there are hundreds of "normal Chinese market" shops. The vendors here are just like you'll find anywhere else, but you can get everything in this one market. Including custom clothing. Tony and Helen (third floor) are very good. They don't mess around on the prices. They give you their final price which is fair and the quality is good. They are very personable and speak good English.

Visited December 2012

Changzhou, China
8 attraction reviews
“great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I bought I beautiful jade bangle here for a bargain. I went with a friend who lived in Shanghai before which helped.... knew exactly which stall to go to and what price to ask. But even if you don't have a guide it is nice to wander around looking at all the beautiful jewelery! Don't be afraid to barter!

Visited August 2012
4 attraction reviews
“If you want to buy pearls or gifts, this is a great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

After purchasing the best pearls we could find on the street and feeling that we got a great deal (my wife is a graduate gemologist), we thought about buying more for gifts and went to the Pearl Market. (You can get within two blocks on the Metro from Shanghai.) We found that we could have bought the same quality pearls we bought on the street for a little over half what we paid for them. There is an incredible selection and we bought some better quality pearls at a good price and enjoyed the exchange with a very knowledgable sales girl who spoke English well. The higher quality (and higher priced) pearls are on the periphery of the second floor. Meanwhile I was looking around on the third floor, where I purchased a belt, luggage and electronics at incredible prices.

Visited September 2012
Gibraltar
14 attraction reviews
“Pearls and clothes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

After reading other reviews I knew this place was a must. Ground floor is bits and pieces of Chinese things. First floor is pearls, we met April store G067. We found she had the best prices and actually spoke good English. We spent three hours and walked away with most of our Christmas presents bought.
Third floor if you want clothes made to measure or better still, I took a suit which I love and had it copied in four days at about seventy pounds! My taylor is Mr.Liu stor No 303-1. Will certainly return!

Shanghai, China
22 attraction reviews
“Buying time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you want to buy some cheap things ,go this place you will get a suprise.what you should learn before buying is to bargain.the best way to go there is that with you chinese friend because they can talk with the dealers and you can get a reasonable price.

Visited October 2011