“LuJiaZui high rise living” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   No.1 Lane 600, Central Yincheng Road, Lujiazui, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China (Lujiazui)   |
Ranked #29 of 3,883 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai
“LuJiaZui high rise living”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Now on multiple visits, Fraser Suites offers a varied experience based on check in time of day and what rooms are available. Overall Fraser is great all round quality versus cost and has our repeat visits.

Some rooms and some views are much nicer than others. Check room options, you may find something nicer for the same price or lower. Whilst the staff at breakfast are very helpful and friendly the actual food quality is pretty low.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We took a 5 night stay in a 3 bedroom, river view apartment over the new year period.

Initially they tried to fob us off with a low floor room looking at two adjacent tower blocks. Don't believe the promotional photography, or blurb, on the website. The view is not "spell-binding panoramic views of the Bund and the city." After an initial debate we were 'upgraded' to the top floor. Nice view of the river but not of the Bund.

OK hardware, sub standard housekeeping, iffy breakfast and the swimming pool is too cold to visit.

Good place to stay as an initial base in Pudong, especially if you need to be in Lujiazui.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I found this hotel to be too over the top and we felt like fish out of water. The suite itself is very grand, but overly large. We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite which also had a large office, which I thought was totally unnecessary. The master bedroom was something else, it had a huge bay window overlooking the river, big walk-in wardrobe and beautiful bathroom, as well as heated floors in the bathroom and a heated toilet seat. It was a lot more expensive than the Fraser Suites that I had stayed in while visiting Seoul, and quite frankly we would have been happy with half the space.

The security was excellent. The service was so so. One thing that did annoy me was that we were paying top dollar to stay here and on the first morning we went down for breakfast and were told that of the four people staying here only three could receive breakfast and that we would have to pay for the fourth. Would one not think that if you have four people staying that you should get four breakfasts?

There was also a 15% service charge added to everything. The room service menu was OK, but nothing to rave about. Reception tried to be helpful but sometimes had difficulty with their English. As much as the accommodation is very grand and has spectacular views of the Bund, I wouldn't stay here again and think it is over priced in general.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I don't usually write any reviews, but in this case, I had such a nice stay, I thought it nice to share my experience with others that might be going to Shanghai. I checked in last Monday for a 4 night stay. I arrived late at night and was met by a very friendly and helpful receptionist who promptly checked me in and got me off to my surprisingly large room. I have a very good rest on a large comfortable bed and woke to an amazing view of the famous Bund. Breakfast was great and I especially loved the hot soup with noodles - very good. My room (they call them apartments) was huge and very clean. Internet service was great and the location to my meetings in central Pudong couldn't have been better. Overall, this had to be one of my best hotel experiences ever and I will be back again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in tower 7 if you can. These rooms are huge and the view is great.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nanjing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Every room has wifi,easy to go access.The frontdesk staff are helpful and very friendly.there are some richful resident community,cooking class,yoga class ...Oh,the night view from balcony is so great.

• Stayed December 2012
Wuxi, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed this property almost one week.I think this is a one of the best apartment what I had stayed in Shanghai before.It is located in the centre of Lujiazui finacial area and I can see excellent rivier and bund view in my room.This property is so close to Huangpu river.It just 10 minutes to reach downtown named lujiazui on foot. There are several large shopping mall and so many restaurant, and so many people.
This apartment restaurant serves breakfast, they also offer room service,A-la-carte like other hotel does. I really love breakfast there,service was very thoughtful and enthusiasm. And foods what I have ordered room service is attractive in price and quality.
It's great to have free high speed wifi in apartment, I can have vedio call.
I love this apartment ,will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Jarod J,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally "Thank You" for the very nice comments on your recent stay with us here at Fraser Suites, Top Glory. I can assure you that both my team and I are consistently looking at new ways to make you feel more at "home" while staying with us and that we appreciate feedback on how well we are meeting your expectations.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

With Warm Regards,
James Costa, General Manager
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed in a palatial 3 bed room apartment in the Fraser suite complex. Much larger than you average home. Situated in the new district of Pudong we had a really lovely stay. Air con worked brilliantly, had a nice pool complex The view was awesome, the Huangpu River and across to the old district of Shanghai with its beautiful old buildings.The facilities were lovely, not sure if I will invest in a sensor toilet though!. The only let down was the almost barren kitchen and the cleaners who didn't seem to have any cleaning supplies. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai? Share your experiences!