“Fabulous Beds, Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai

You added Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1433 Minsheng Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200135, China (Shanghai New International Expo Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #83 of 3,966 Hotels in Shanghai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Beds, Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel is simply fabulous and a must if you plan to spend time in Shanghai. Sure it is slightly out for the Bund but set that aside and everything else is just right. The excellent Metro is a short walk away and that connects you to just about everywhere in Shanghai.
The reception is typical of a 5 Star hotel porters meet you at the door and quickly relieve you of your luggage. We arrived before 10.00am and were delighted there was no fuss about letting us have access to our suite. At check-in they specify what your room rates are per night and explained the workings of the Club Lounge.
First impressions of our room came into play with the excellent and quiet air conditioning, on a very hot morning when you have been traveling for 17 hours it is a welcoming feeling. The bed was as big as they get and we later learned extremely comfortable. Ours was a large corner suite with a huge curved picture window and comfy seats for sitting and watching the world go by. We forgot about unpacking but showered and went directly to the club room for refreshments. My wife loved the separate dressing area the dual heads power shower invites repeated use. There is separate climate controlled air conditioning for the bathroom cum dressing room and the living and sleeping area.
From here on everything we did was a pleasure from the help and support of the concierge to book train tickets for a trip the next to an ambience where anything you want you have only to ask.
We liked everything about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. It will be our destination next time we go.

Room Tip: Book a Club Room. The extra cost will be offset by the food and beverages and you get to feel like p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Gerad B,

Thank you for your encouraging and detailed comments on Trip advisor.
It will be a pleasure to share these comments with the entire hotel team. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and the overall product & services met your expectations. We shall continue to strive further in continuing to improve our guest experience.
I am also really pleased you were able to take some time out to enjoy the view and as you put it “watch the world go by”. It is a most fascinating city.
Once again thank you for both providing us this valuable feedback and for choosing Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai. We highly appreciate your support and business and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Century park next to the hotel is excellent for running - 3km around, tai chi at 6am in the park, and right next to the metro - only a couple of stops from Pudong and its towers.
The service is excellent, they really make an effort. Cool local shopping center with a Carrefour close by, and fresh juice on the corner. One heads-up - watch the taxis on the street-sometimes no meter.

Room Tip: Ask for a cornerview of the park to not be blocked
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valgin2150,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your stay with us.
I agree totally that our location close to the park can be of a real benefit, for exercise or even the casual walk, cycle or boat ride over the weekend period. The shopping center also provides a great location to spend some relaxation time.
Thank you for your comments regarding the service levels, they will be passed on to the team which will help provide further motivation to exceed our guest expectations.

We truly appreciate your support and business and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just came back from a 5 day stay at Shanghai's Century Park Crowne Plaza. Wanted to go somewhere to just unwind and relax after a tedious 10 days. So having had such a tremendous stay before I called the Club Lounge and talked to "Colln" told him what days I was going to go down. Asked him if Kathy the club mgr was there he told me she was off temporarily because she had a baby. I asked him if he remembered me from the last time he said he did.I told him that Kathy took very good care of me, and he assured me of the same courtesy. I told him I wanted an upgraded room on the club floor . He assured me that he would have an excellent room for me.
Which he did. The staff except Colin, was all relatively new. But very dedicated to makers your stay an enjoyable one. The room was a suite on the 25th floor day I arrived from New York it was about 6:15 PM. And he room was ready with a welcome note and a plateful of fruit wishing my stay to be enjoyable. While I was there after checking in I indulged in the spirits and some hot hors d'vors.in the club lounge. Everyone was attentive and talked to me like a long lost friend to make me comfortable. Where ever I went there was a smiling face greeting me.the breakfasts and evening snacks were delightful to say the least.
I met and talked with several people from all over the world and created new founded friendships.
Would still rate it among the favorite places to go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dawei13,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your stay with us, we truly appreciate your feedback.
I am pleased you enjoyed guest room and club lounge. I will personally thank Colin and the new team in the Club Floor. The satisfaction and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance and I am sure your comments will encourage them further.

I trust your visit to our city was successful one and the hotel was able to provide the necessary essentials for your trip. Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A regular visitor to Shanghai, China. Hotels around Century Park area are the choice of stay for me. This hotel has a good atmosphere and better rooms compared to its neighbour Renaissance. The most amazing thing was the 3'o Clock complimentary breakfast I ordered due to Ramadan Suhoor. Another additional benefit is that hotel is just 15 mins walk away from Century park underground. I will definitely come back here.

Room Tip: Choose club floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

As a regular visit, my room is always prepared well before my arrival, with a welcome card with my name on it by GM. As a golden card member of priority club and a regular visitor, most of the time I have been upgraded. Recently, I noticed the breakfast had some improvement in terms of quality and types of choice. I can also ask my favoraite earl grey tea served in breakfast. The bed is always comfortable, the quilt is always the right thinkness to the season. The Luxury suite is worth of trying, at the corner of the building, the view is great. The swimming pool is quiet and has glass ceiling, you can enjoy the sun light in the pool. The beach chair there could be draged outdoors on the platform to enjoy the sunlight and hot weather. I enjoyed my stay every time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Bowie Y,

Welcome back and thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your stay with us again, we truly appreciate your feedback.
The entire team will be pleased to learn that the overall product and services met your expectations and that the changes we are making with breakfast have been noted. I must agree with you regarding the pool area, such a tranquil spot to enjoy some relaxation so I am glad you had time to take advantage of this.
Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon. Your comments have been shared with the entire team.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed for business during ITMA. Facilities excellent, staff very attentive. Nigel, the GM at this hotel has done a wonderful job developing a high standard in all areas. Definitely staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear ianash,

It was a pleasure having you and your associates stay with us, we hope we were able to contribute in a small way to your successful business trip.
I am exceedingly fortunate to have a fantastic team who all play a critical part in providing the experience you encountered. I will certainly pass on your gratitude.
Thank you again for taking time to pass on your comments, also be assured we value your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been staying at this Crowne Plaza for about three years and it seems to get better every time. It is not in the city center but the location is perfect if you business keeps you in Pudong and still very convenient to downtown Shanghai or the Bund by a short inexpensive taxi.

I love the quiet location, close to dining and night life at thumb square and century park. The rooms not generally my style but the are large and well kept. I absolutely hate the work desk in the room, mostly because I always seem to hit my knees on them!

For me though it is the service that really shines. From check in to check out they just do an excellent job. When I came up to my room the Hotel General Manager Mr. Edwards and his staff were in my room making sure everything was just right. I love the fruit and personal note from him and it really shows his commitment in making each guest stay truly wonderful.

The club room staff is wonderful as well, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Logan Goulagny and he really strove to make every guest welcome and taken care of. I wish him luck in his career in the hotel industry.

The value for this hotel is very good as well!

I can't recommend highly enough this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Scpenquin,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to have met you upon your arrival.
The team will be thrilled to receive your positive feedback; it helps in guiding us in the right direction and encourages empowerment. I will also personally thank Logan; he is a true ambassador and contributes a huge amount to our service quality as other before have commented.
You quite rightly pointed out that our location lends itself to be a small oasis in the fascinating and bustling city of Shanghai, however still with adequate attractions and activities close by to occupy any free time you may have.
Thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai. We truly appreciate your business, value your support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Nigel R Edwards
General Manager.

Been to Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai? Share your experiences!