“very good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant

Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant
505 Nanjing East Road, Shanghai 200001, China (People's Square)
021-63515888
Neighborhood: People's Square
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a very nice restaurant where I had two excellent dinners and breakfast. The meals are quite expensive, but in keeping with the star rating of the hotel. Service is efficient though rather chilly. There is a difficulty in engaging with customers, it appears, probably due to language and possibly cultural differences. I would like to have asked a few questions about the meal I ordered, but felt unable to. My breakfast was not what I ordered, but then I didn't have to pay. Again language and understanding the menu seemed to be the issue. The food was very good, somewhat small servings, but really nicely made and presented. I was quite content to eat there during my stay, not being very adventurous about food.

Visited July 2014
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Lorna B,

Merci beaucoup for your review.

It was a plaisir to have you dining with us in Mosaic Restaurant. We have well noted your comments regarding the language skills and will work on improving.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Melbourne, Australia
“bad coffee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Im sure that the food is lovely so I should have given it a better score but I ordered a take away coffee to take up to the room, they charged me $15AUD and it taste so terrible that we didn't even finish it

Visited June 2014
Dear Leiah G,

Merci for your feedback.

It was a plaisir to have you dining with us in Mosaic Restaurant. I must say we are bit surprised that you did not enjoy our coffee as we get many compliments daily from our guests.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Rijmenam, Belgium
“Fantastic buffet, a pitty that some meals where not warm enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The food is really fantastic, there is a lot of choice, the only negative thing about the food is that some platters are too cold. Also the airco is so high that you really need to wear a cardigan.

Visited May 2014
Dear Nathaliekellens,

Merci beaucoup for your review!

It was a plaisir to have you dining with us at Mosaic Restaurant. Please rest assured we have well noted your comments about the temperature and will work on improving.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Redwood City, California
“Food Variety with Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner at Mosaic during my 14-day stay at the Sofitel - there was a wide variety of food on the buffet and it was ever changing with various focuses such as Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Indian and lots of local fresh ingredients, fruit / fruit juice, salad, etc. I also ordered off the a la carte menu and a favorite for me was the three or five cheese platters. The staff was very attentive, especially Margaret, who made certain our team was always seated and served promptly. The fresh baked morning muffins / croissants and bakery breads was a nice addition to each meal. Desserts, especially the chocolate ones were very well done - and appointed on the plate nicely.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear IamBMW,

Merci beaucoup for your review!

It was a plaisir to have you dining with us in Mosaic Restaurant and we have shared your compliments with Margaret and the restaurant team!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Shanghai, China
“Special ocassion made very speciall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was contemplating how to surprise my Wife for our Anniversary. Well, found out that there is a new French Executive Chef. He had made a fantastic event by cooking classical french meal for us (plus our tail consisting of our daughter, my wife's sister and our nephew). Service was just impeccable and my wife declared this the best outing she ever had on our Anniversary (and this was the 26th, so she had a "body of work" to compare with). Chef Sacha's cooking was nothing short of spectacular. The most surprising, however, was wine list. I was surprised that nice French wines can be have at Sofitel for much less than in other compatible venues. I would sincerely recommend to have your special occasion there or just drop-by for their great buffet. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Tulacz,

Merci beaucoup for your wonderful feedback.

We are all very excited to read that your Anniversary spent with us was so special and we have certainly shared your comments with all Sofitel Ambassadors.

On behalf of all Sofitel Ambassadors, especially our Mosaic team and Sacha, Merci and we hope to see you soon!

Quality Manager