Overall, this was a very good hotel. The breakfast was very good with a wide variety of choices from all over the globe. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a deluxe room and it had a Nesspresso Machine with complimentary pods that got refreshed at least twice per day. Just be warned that the bed is very firm. Coming from a tempurpedic, it was even more apparent. And I have to second the other reviewers comment about a lack of power sockets. There were only 2 in the entire room. Good thing I travel with a small extension cord, so it was just a minor inconvenience. The free WiFi was very stable and provided enough bandwidth for me to do quality FaceTime chats with the family just about every day. The location is pretty good as well. It's not in the Bund area, but its only 3 stops on the very fast, efficient, clean and cheap Shanghai metro. And the metro station is just around the corner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding in every way... ideal location for business and pleasure, facilities that are superbly grand, gracious service from staff who anticipate and meet your every need when you travel to Asia's most dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Ctrip DaoDao, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Otel and Venere so you can book your Swissotel Grand Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Swissotel Grand Hotel Shanghai
- Shanghai Swissotel Grand Hotel