“nice hotel to stay in shanghai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Grand Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Swissotel Grand Shanghai to your Saves list
Swissotel Grand Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Yuyuan Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai 200040, China (Jing'an Temple)   |
Ranked #38 of 3,739 hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong
“nice hotel to stay in shanghai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

the hotel is at a very convenient location in Shanghai. And the facilities and service are excellent. I really feel like staying home here. The staffs are very helpful and polite here. The gym and swimming pool is very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent experience with us. We are grateful to have received feedback from you.

I am happy to hear that you chose to stay with us and that you were comfortable at our property. Most importantly, I am pleased to know that our local, facilities and service were aspects of your stay that stood out and made you feel like staying home. Providing genuine hospitality is our top priority!

My colleagues and I look forward to your return. Please feel free to contact us with any additional comments or questions!

Director of PR & Communications

548 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great hotel, made you feel very welcome. Really close to the city and all amenities.. Great restaurants nearby and just a small trip to the French Concession and the Bund.
The staff could not be more helpful, they speak good English and will get you directions to almost anywhere..... Written in Chinese, to give the taxi driver!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Actually there isnt anything extremely wrong but with the price that they required from customers' pocket, we expect more. Not more in service but more detail minded of careful details.

1. Socket - only one international adaptable socket near writing desk. You ar enot expected to bring more than one handy eletronic appliance to travel.

2. Room - requested non smoking room but didnt get it. Staff excused that I got upgrade but the matter is I WANT A NON SMOKING ROOM! Hope they aren't using this excuse to fool the guests.

3. Breakfast: food is great with wide range of choices. Service is weird. Some female staff talking loudly behid the cooking booth and one of them sneeze drastically without covering her mouth. Was planned to get some fresh scrambled eggs but finally given up.

Being a five star without details is difficult to tight customers' heart

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Although I am disappointed to learn of your recent negative impressions, my colleagues and I truly appreciate any and all feedback we can get to understand what our guests value most during their visits.

Your comments have been well-noted, and I apologize that our service shortcomings affected your overall experience negatively. We will definitely take your comments into further consideration for our improvement.

My colleagues and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Until then, please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further detailed comments.

Director of PR & Communications
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good location, very convenient. Great breakfast buffet, lots of choices. Great service as well. I forgot my wallet in the room, and when I realized it I was already on the way to airport, so the hotel offered to keep the wallet for me until I find someone who can bring it back (they offered to deliver the wallet back to SIngapore first, but as it contained identity document, the delivery company rejected it, so I wont blame them). All in all, fantastic stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013 for 2 days on my business trip.
Rooms are very nice and spacious and well appointed.
Bathrooms are big too, staff is very courteous although they should learn a little bit more English.
Breakfast is great too!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Was there on an official trip for 2 weeks, good confortable stay. Its truly a 5-star luxury hotel. The in-house dining and resturants little over priced, I am told this area is expensive than other areas in shanghai.... couple of food joints and shopping mall in walking distance. there is a shopping mall right behing the hotel with food court etc..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Fantastic location beside the Jiang Temple, and beside Line 2 subway station. One block from West Nanjing Road where you can find Issomo Restaurant just several blocks away. Fantastic Italian restaurant. Other great restaurants just down the road also, all in walking distance (such as Dr. Wine). Staff is very helpful and friendly. The standard room is more than satisfactory and would not spend the extra $100.00 per night for the Swiss Advantage next time I go. Probably my favourite hotel and location in Shanghai after going there for 13 years. Did not discover this hotel until a year and a half ago. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Will return to stay at this hotel when I return in October 2013. Great value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guests,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel Grand Shanghai, and I hope this message finds you well.

My colleagues and I are very grateful that you took the time from your schedule to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. From your comments, I am pleased to hear that our location suited your visit purposes.

Furthermore, I am very happy to know that you would return to our property and we are your new preferred hotel in Shanghai based on the overall experience in rooms, restaurants and helpfulness of our staff.

My colleagues and I hope to see you back in October. Until then, please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or comments, as we would be happy to help!

Diretor or PR & Communications

Been to Swissotel Grand Shanghai? Share your experiences!