“Again...some common problems for a luxury hotel in China” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Grand Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Swissotel Grand Shanghai to your Saves list
Swissotel Grand Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Yuyuan Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai 200040, China (Jing'an Temple)   |
Ranked #33 of 3,560 hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong, China
“Again...some common problems for a luxury hotel in China”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Actually there isnt anything extremely wrong but with the price that they required from customers' pocket, we expect more. Not more in service but more detail minded of careful details.

1. Socket - only one international adaptable socket near writing desk. You ar enot expected to bring more than one handy eletronic appliance to travel.

2. Room - requested non smoking room but didnt get it. Staff excused that I got upgrade but the matter is I WANT A NON SMOKING ROOM! Hope they aren't using this excuse to fool the guests.

3. Breakfast: food is great with wide range of choices. Service is weird. Some female staff talking loudly behid the cooking booth and one of them sneeze drastically without covering her mouth. Was planned to get some fresh scrambled eggs but finally given up.

Being a five star without details is difficult to tight customers' heart

• Stayed May 2013
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Although I am disappointed to learn of your recent negative impressions, my colleagues and I truly appreciate any and all feedback we can get to understand what our guests value most during their visits.

Your comments have been well-noted, and I apologize that our service shortcomings affected your overall experience negatively. We will definitely take your comments into further consideration for our improvement.

My colleagues and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Until then, please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further detailed comments.

Director of PR & Communications

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good location, very convenient. Great breakfast buffet, lots of choices. Great service as well. I forgot my wallet in the room, and when I realized it I was already on the way to airport, so the hotel offered to keep the wallet for me until I find someone who can bring it back (they offered to deliver the wallet back to SIngapore first, but as it contained identity document, the delivery company rejected it, so I wont blame them). All in all, fantastic stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013 for 2 days on my business trip.
Rooms are very nice and spacious and well appointed.
Bathrooms are big too, staff is very courteous although they should learn a little bit more English.
Breakfast is great too!!

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Was there on an official trip for 2 weeks, good confortable stay. Its truly a 5-star luxury hotel. The in-house dining and resturants little over priced, I am told this area is expensive than other areas in shanghai.... couple of food joints and shopping mall in walking distance. there is a shopping mall right behing the hotel with food court etc..

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Fantastic location beside the Jiang Temple, and beside Line 2 subway station. One block from West Nanjing Road where you can find Issomo Restaurant just several blocks away. Fantastic Italian restaurant. Other great restaurants just down the road also, all in walking distance (such as Dr. Wine). Staff is very helpful and friendly. The standard room is more than satisfactory and would not spend the extra $100.00 per night for the Swiss Advantage next time I go. Probably my favourite hotel and location in Shanghai after going there for 13 years. Did not discover this hotel until a year and a half ago. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Will return to stay at this hotel when I return in October 2013. Great value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guests,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel Grand Shanghai, and I hope this message finds you well.

My colleagues and I are very grateful that you took the time from your schedule to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. From your comments, I am pleased to hear that our location suited your visit purposes.

Furthermore, I am very happy to know that you would return to our property and we are your new preferred hotel in Shanghai based on the overall experience in rooms, restaurants and helpfulness of our staff.

My colleagues and I hope to see you back in October. Until then, please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or comments, as we would be happy to help!

Diretor or PR & Communications
Suzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is an elegant hotel just off Nanjing Road. It felt very quiet and away from the noise and busyness of Shanghai. Food was good, great breakfast, although service in the breakfast room was very poor. Room service food was great and much better staff attitude than restaurant.

Lighthouse Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Swissotel Grand Shanghai is conveniently located in the Jing'an District close to the Metro, shopping, and the Jing'an Buddist Temple. Restaurants are within an easy walk and a pharmacy is right across the street.
The rooms are beautiful with contemporary design, with comfortable furnishings and with state-of-the-art technology. It is easy to stay in the rooms - each has lots of space and comes with an espresso machine and coffee/tea maker. The bathrooms are well designed also. I will recommend the Swissotel to anyone traveling to Shanghai. Jing'an is a lovely area in which to spend time.
Staff is friendly and helpful. The Swiss Executive Club Lounge provides a substantial breakfast, lunch and evening snacks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this message finds you well and sincerely thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit a review of your most recent stay with us!

From your comments, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and the treats that were waiting for you as well as your access to the Executive Floor Lounge. I am also especially grateful that your comments for location, and our colleagues have been so helpful and friendly.
Most importantly, your recommendation of our hotel.

Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact us, as we would be eager to hear from you further! Look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai soon!

Director of PR & Communications

Been to Swissotel Grand Shanghai? Share your experiences!