I've never stayed at a Swissotel before and was not familiar with this chain until this stay. My stay at the Shanghai Swissotel was a great experience. The hotel grand lobby was big and nice. The guest room was Swiss decor (like Ikea style but better quality furnishing). Big room with good view of the streets, nice big bathroom with bathtub and walk-in shower. Not a lot of shower space by the sink for toiletries but enough drawers to compensate. Big screen tv, wireless internet and sufficient plugs at desk. Bed was a bit hard for a western hotel but I guess they are trying to accommodate local preference. Electric hot water boiler and complimentary tea was good to have. Only complaint is the very small closet. It was really small.
The spa was very nice for hotel guests. Complimentary use of sauna, steam room and hot tubs. There were several hot tubs with jets and a cold tub. Nice size swimming pool. Good locker room facilities. Didn't get a chance to check out the gym.
I was very surprised by the staff, all of whom were super enthusiastic to help. When I arrived, the lobby staff helped me with luggage and stayed with me in line to make sure the guests lined up in proper order to be helped by the check-in desk. When I needed a taxi during rush hour, the outside concierge staff practically ran on the street with me to make sure I caught the cab. Everytime I called for housekeeping or room service, the person answering the phone was always courteous and always asked if I needed anything else. Services were prompt. The level of service was just overall very impressive for China.
I ate at the Yuan Yuan Chinese restaurant a few times and food was pretty good. Also fast and good service by the wait staff.
This hotel's location is as good as it can get. Right in center of Shanghai Puxi's business district by Nanjing Xi Road. Subway station practically next to the hotel (No.2 and No.7 lines -- can get you to Pudong and Airport easily). It's right behind the Jiu Guang Shopping Center, which has a huge Japanese import supermarket in the basement for whatever you need, and also a Watsons (CVS & Boots of Shanghai) if you need personal care products. Tons of restaurants on top of the Jiu Guang Shopping Center too. Great location whether you're here for work or for fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding in every way... ideal location for business and pleasure, facilities that are superbly grand, gracious service from staff who anticipate and meet your every need when you travel to Asia's most dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, getaroom.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Priceline so you can book your Swissotel Grand Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Swissotel Grand Hotel Shanghai
- Shanghai Swissotel Grand Hotel