“An OK experience...” 3 of 5 stars

Hobart, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“An OK experience...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My 2 teenage daughters (13 & 15) visited the caves on a trip out of Blue Lagoon Beach Resort.

After the boat trip to the caves, we jumped out in to the warmest water at the foot of the steps leading up to the cave entrance.
As we were first there this caused an issue as the door was locked and someone had to go over to the village and get the key.
This delay let you swim around in the warm water surrounding the Island.

Once we were able to access the cave and venturing down the steps I decided not to get in the COLD water inside, yep too cold for me.
The kids got in along with the others on the tour.
The eldest daughter was one of the first to swim into the second cave but the youngest decided not to.
She has said she wants to go on the cave trip again and swim under and into the second cave area - looks like we are going back!!

Overall I give the rating an average only because to me it was just a cave area you could swim in.
It was an overcast day when we went and if was a bright sunny day may be would of changed my outlook on the trip.
Guess I will find out next time we go.

I would recommend the trip though and also take some money as a small market is set up on the shore line at the entrance.

Visited May 2013

Melbourne, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Always fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I have visited Sawa-i-Lau caves about 8 times now. Going back 15 odd years ago when the Yasawa Island were hardly heard of, when we visited we could scale the walls with the local Fijians and walk into the rock crevices before emerging some 7 metres above the water and diving back down.

These days it is a lot more controlled for safety (understandably) and geared towards large group of tourists.

It is still a fantastic trip to rock caves and, for those that watched the move 'The Blue Lagoon', to visit a part of the movie set.

Visited March 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had no idea what to expect, and it was a bit scary at first but once you realised what was going on and got use to it, it was amazing and very unique. I would not recommend it for anyone but confident swimmers however. Very unique, natural attraction, not commercialised etc.

Visited July 2012
Jupiter, Florida
59 attraction reviews
“A Trip Not to Miss!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was a long boat ride to the caves and rather scaring going into the dark part of the caves until the flash lights were lighting the area. A very unigue experience. Be sure to take a mask to swim into the dark area as several people had to take turns sharing one.

Visited February 2013
Highland, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“"adventure with a bit of Mystery"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The cave was very exciting with a bit of mystery. The first chamber was easy you just walk down some stairs into the cave where you can take some nice pictures.The second was a bit spooky. It takes about 7 seconds to swim underwater under rocks. you really can't see where your swimming so it is a bit overwhelming if your not a good swimmer or if you have a fear of the unknown. I highly recommended you bring a waterproof camera so you can take some pictures of the second chamber it is really amazing. Remember you also have to swim back underwater to get back. After swimming in the cave there is a little outside gift market to buy jewelry and beach wraps so bring some money. Ladies Fijian swim wraps are $25/ $30.

Visited January 2013