“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl South Pacific

You added The Pearl South Pacific to your Saves list
The Pearl South Pacific
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queens Road | P.O. Box 144, Pacific Harbour, Viti Levu, Fiji (Formerly Centra Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I have spent 7 nights at The Pearl and enjoyed it immensely. The rooms are good and clean, the bed is comfortable and the aircon is a lifesaver.
All the staff are so lovely and polite and we didn't walk past a person without them saying "bula".
The restaurants are lovely and reasonably priced and Happy Hour was a big favourite of ours with cocktails only about $AUD5. The resort has a nice atmosphere and the pool area is great to hang around during the day! The resort has free activities during the day and they change daily! We had a great time on a village tour and the jet ski safari which was organised by the hotel!
The breakfast is complimentary and they have a great selection of food.
The only thing that could improve is the movie selection as there isn't much to do at night and we found this our only entertainment, however I am aware that the resort will be having some massive changes to it by the end of 2015 I'm sure it will be amazing.

Room Tip: If you are going to pay extra for an ocean view room, make sure it's on the second or third floo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Hallam, Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

What a Lovely, Relaxing and Friendly Resort .....it was Excellent.! Our room was great value with a lovely view of the sea.The staff are all very nice & friendly, and were more than helpful when our daughter who was volunteering in Fiji, came to stay with us. They were very helpful in providing us with an extra bed, with a minimum of fuss. Enjoyed the pool and the pool bar, Rosie is a credit to the resort, and bends over backwards to help and advise you with whatever activity you wish to partake in. Food is plentiful and very, very GOOD. The buffet breakfast has everything from bacon and eggs cooked the way you want, pancakes, fruit, pastries, toast, coffee/tea/juices. We enjoyed a relaxing massage, and even though I had a case of sunburn, the ladies were magnificent taking extra cared with my sunburn ..... I was in heaven, and would definately recommend.. WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN .... No Hesitation .....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Pool and Ocean have a beautiful views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

As a female traveller on my own this place is amazing. Staff were warm and friendly, rooms are clean, resort grounds are very well maintained, awesome management, food was great, drinks amazing and loved happy hour everyday... It makes you feel alive... I couldnt have ask for a better holiday. I only returned home a few days ago and have already booked again for a couple of months time.... I love it :)
I was treated like a princess :)

Room Tip: I had the cheapest room and it was fine.... no complaints
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff at the Pearl are fantastic but this place really is in need of a makeover and everything you read in the reviews about the towels and linen are true, (the towels are disgusting and no milk is provided in rooms).
Aside from these issues the grounds are beautiful and I really enjoyed the pool. I spoke to several guests at the Pearl and they just loved the place, (so each to his own I guess).
We have been to several of the resorts in Fiji, the Pearl is not as child friendly as some of the bigger places, but that is why we chose it.
I thought the menu could have had more variety and was a tad expensive, but what was on the menu was very nice. Would I go back to the Pearl again, no I don,t think so, I found after a couple of days I was looking for things to do outside of the resort, (I got bored).
Would I recommend the Pearl to others, Yes I would, it is value for money and I found the staff helpful and friendly, personally I would rather pay a little bit more and get more bang for my buck.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Plymouth, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our booking whilst confirmed by email appeared to have got muddled and despite booking three rooms only two were available. However we were given a penthouse room for a night as compensation and a meal for two BUT our sons room had blood on the sheets and despite frequent requests he never got a towel!A twin room was booked and a double given so a hunt for a rollaway bed ensued which was a mission and caused un- needed stress and delay. The breakfast was great and with huge choice, the pool was lovely , happy hour and the entertainments on offer were a bonus. A beautiful setting and awesome facilities but the reservation system needs work !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

BULA !!! Well ,I just had my 3rd holiday at the Pearl, and as usual....it was beautiful ! ! Air conditioned rooms,TVs....fridge, great showers....the rooms are great value....not what I would call cheap, but reasonable !! The staff are all very friendly, and the bar is a great place to hang....happy hour every arvo, is a treat, and the serandors are fabulous fun :) Got to love the pool, with the cave grotto, just right to be in and have a coctail, from the swim up bar.....Rosies, is on the premises to book any activities...and there are things to do, just at the resort too.....New year celebrations was a great treat.....Food is good,fresh and yummy....the buffet brekky, for this time included everything from bacon and eggs cooked the way you LOVE, pancakes, fruit, pastries, toast, coffee/tea/juices, all included free daily.....yum....only a 10 min walk to the arts village, which you will want to go to everyday....the Day Spa.....perfect for a relaxing massage....we treated ourselves to a couples massage for our anniversary, which was simply divine.....The Pearl...a definate reccomend place to stay.....Gorgoeus....Vinaka :)

Room Tip: Try the Ocean View rooms, located on the ground floor, your back door will open out onto your own pr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Suva, Fiji
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a 2 night stay at The Pearl for my brother, his wife and 1 year old daughter who came all the way from South Africa to visit me in Fiji. I made the booking via email with the reservations manager and the GM was copied in on all emails. I made a deposit on the 01 November 2012. I then deposited the rest of the balance on 24 December and emailed the reservations manager to advise him of this however never received any response from him to date.

Upon leaving The Pearl, the lady at the check in desk advised that money was outstanding. I advised her that I paid the bill in full already. She then asked if I had proof of it to which I did not have on me. I advised her that I can show my internet banking and she advised me that I can do so but must pay for internet which will cost $6 for 30 min! Why must I pay for internet to prove something to them which I have already advised them of? That’s absolutely absurd!

Luckily, I had my tablet phone with me where I was able to access my bank account and showed it to her. She then went to show the GM, Natalie the proof to which she came back and said everything is fine and apologized for the inconvenience. We left an hour later after trying to check out!

The next night I received a call from The Pearl’s number at an ungodly non-business hour which was 23h58. I didn’t realize it was The Pearl’s number until someone else called me the next afternoon at 14h30 to advise me that a payment is outstanding!!!!!!!!! Another day later after sending them a complaint email with the proof of payment, another staff memeber calls me asking about the "outstanding payment"!!!!!

On another note, my brother advised mentioned that all guests were told to be out of the pool at 17h00 as they were putting chlorine into the pool. Which resort/hotel does that???? And when people are on holiday no doubt and especially it being the last day of the year???? I stayed for one night on the second night they were there and paid $90 for an extra adult. We had to call housekeeping 3 times to ask for someone to come and make up the bed. Eventually, I went upstairs to ask the man by the desk and he made sure someone came.

My brother went to reception to ask for an adaptor as they advise this in their guest book and the man at the reception told him to go buy one at the shop!!!!!!!!! Seriously?????????????

Several pathetic failures from this hotel that I would NOT recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Pearl South Pacific? Share your experiences!