With a (small) group we checked in for a 2 day meeting. Our focal point was efficient ensuring the room was ready, tea was served on time etc.
Meals: On the first day we were about 15 minutes late to lunch and flies beat us to our meal which was also cold. Lunch next day was better, (maybe because we went on time) the menu was more diverse. Dinner was okay on both nights, I recommend the Curry Platter but not the chocolate mousse for dessert. But I must say the service on the second night was terrible it was as if they were trying to shoo us out of there by 9.15pm and in doing so they messed up a colleague's order. And given that he ordered what we had about an hour earlier, we could not believe our eyes when his order came, it was like they had served up all the leftover vegies from that shift and threw in a few prawns for good measure! Breakfast was terrible, fruit flies on the papaya, that was soft and mushy, the eggs were slightly off and the bacon was cold. The vegie curry smelt and tasted like it was a day old.
Rooms: The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable despite the the fact that the walls are pretty thin, and a baby cried almost all night so bring ear plugs if are a light sleeper. The AC leaked and caused a small puddle.
The bed was comfortable and it was quite hard to get up the next morning. major plus for me because I love my sleep.
The staff were pleasant which is a plus for The Pearl and I must say they really try.
The property is ideal for office retreats etc because it is far from distractions, has a lot of beachfront and lawns for team building etc and the Conventions staff looked after us well. Oh and while I am at it, the muffins were wonderful.
Would I go back? For a weekend I probably would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant stylish resort set on the shores of beautiful Beqa Lagoon, halfway between Nadi & Suva. Set on one of Fiji's longest beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens The Pearl is an idyllic boutique escape where chic accommodation, exquisite cuisine and as much - or as little - adventure & relaxation as you want awaits you. Just some of the features on offer include an 18-hole championship golf course, white water rafting, game fishing, diving with sharks, snorkeling, banana boat rides, jet skis and surfing at Frigate's Passage. Or just relax by the swimming pool, indulge at the Pearl Spa or enjoy the fabulous cuisine and cocktails on offer at one of the resorts 2 restaurants and 4 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Pearl South Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl South Pacific Fiji - Pacific Harbour