My hubby and I have stayed about 3 times or more at the Pearl South Pacific - and the last time we were there was probably the best one yet! As a current resident of Suva in Fiji, we occasionally visit Pacific Harbour to get away from the city and unwind. So it was a no-brainer for us that the Pearl was going to be the location of our beach wedding because of our memories there.
Tima, the Pearl's events and wedding coordinator, was absolutely helpful and we were so happy with the way things turned out. As the bride, I was also my own wedding planner and I was very particular about the decor and a lot of the wedding details - Tima assisted me in all of these. They even gave us 3 free bouquets and boutonnieres for the bridal party even if that wasn't part of the package! And they were just A-rate fantastic bouquets using the tropical flowers (ginger flowers etc) that we had chosen for our wedding theme. And the buffet food was yum! My other half and I customised our buffet menu from their existing packages mixing Mediterranean, European, Fijian and Indian dishes to suit the tastes of our multi-cultural guest list and everyone was raving about the food (except my mother and brother who wanted something more Filipino in the menu but unfortunately the Pearl did not have Filipino dishes we could choose from).
The ceremony was done right next to the beach and we had an option to have the reception at their beach bar and restaurant close to it, at their restaurant closer to the pool or at their classy Manta Rae restaurant up top with an amazing view of the Pacific ocean and Beqa Island. Unquestionably we chose the latter. You can see photos of the ceremony and reception below.
In terms of rooms, we've stayed at a Garden-view and an Ocean-view room before and they're both very good. A tip to guests though, if you come at a non-busy period (April to June I think), you can book the cheaper Garden-view room then ask for an upgrade to an Ocean-view when you get there. If they've got a lot of free Ocean-view rooms, they will just upgrade at your request - that's what happened to us :-). For our wedding night we stayed at one of the Penthouse rooms - these rooms are themed (Indian, French Provincial etc - you can check their website for the others). So we were at the French Provincial one - it was also where we had our make-up artist stationed for the day and it was big enough to cater for the female side of the bridal party. Really loved this spacious room with it's 'swingable' huge TV (can swing from the sitting area to the bedroom area), the nice location of the bathtub and the beautiful views from the huge balcony.
Overall, we've had great experiences with the Pearl. The service is good, the rooms are immaculate (and clean) and the design of the place is a fusion of Pacific, Asian and European styles. The Pearl has an understated elegance and classy style. Points that ultimately led us to choosing this resort as the ceremony and reception venue for our wedding.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Hotel
- The Pearl South Pacific Fiji - Pacific Harbour
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant stylish resort set on the shores of beautiful Beqa Lagoon, halfway between Nadi & Suva. Set on one of Fiji's longest beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens The Pearl is an idyllic boutique escape where chic accommodation, exquisite cuisine and as much - or as little - adventure & relaxation as you want awaits you. Just some of the features on offer include an 18-hole championship golf course, white water rafting, game fishing, diving with sharks, snorkeling, banana boat rides, jet skis and surfing at Frigate's Passage. Or just relax by the swimming pool, indulge at the Pearl Spa or enjoy the fabulous cuisine and cocktails on offer at one of the resorts 2 restaurants and 4 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Pearl South Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.