“Amazing adventures!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dare to take the plunge? Think your Fijian experience couldn’t get any better? Think again! Charter today with the #1 adventure that everyone is talking about. Get stretched and join Freedive Fiji for the adventure of a lifetime. Whether you chose Spearfishing, Gamefishing, Island Excursion, Village Excursion, Snorkeling, or Sunset Cruise, you can rest assure our crew will lead you on a H₂0 experience you won’t forget! Freedive Fiji has come together combining the oldest tradition in the country with techniques and technology of modern day fishing, opening the doors to a haven of unspoiled territory right at our doorstep. Freedive Fiji Charters is headquartered in Pacific Harbour, the "adventure capital of Fiji". In addition to providing our guests with the very highest standards of service, we aim to make our charter trips educational, informative and fun. We are dedicated to delivering the highest value to our customers while striving to meet and exceed all expectations on every Freedive Fiji charter. Our guides have over 15 years experience so our customers can relax knowing that all their needs will be exceeded, the charter will run smoothly, and that the instruction from the training arm of Freedive Fiji is second to none. Freedive Fiji Private charters can be fully tailored to suit your needs taking into account desired species, locations, trip duration and dates and can include any of the following: Spearfishing, Sportfishing, Gamefishing, Surfing, Island hopping, Bucks Parties, Wedding Celebrations, & Island Transfers. Custom charters are offered daily, please contact us for details and availability.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing adventures!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Amazing experience! Spent 2 weeks in Fiji in early November and had the pleasure to spend 3 days with the folks at Free Dive Fiji. This outfit is 5 star all the way! Heather and Jaga leave no detail to chance, be it ground transfers (always a sketchy deal in Fiji), to lodging if required, to the boating experience itself, there are zero problems. Jaga and his Captain, Earl work hard to ensure a great time out on the water, whether trolling or bottom fishing, or spearfishing, or simply cruising. Their knowledge of every inch of water is nothing short of astounding! Oh, and the onboard eats are top shelf too! If you go to Fiji and can only do ONE thing, spend time with the folks at Free Dive Fiji, these guys are AMAZING! I can't say it any clearer than that! Thanks Guys!

Visited November 2011

Tamworth, Australia
“Top quality charter, friendly and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Had a half day charter with Jaga and crew in October, 2011. Saw the biggest GT caught on this trip. A little light on after that but crew kept looking for us. The boat is excellent, lunch and drinks on hand. Price was reasonable and we all had a great day. One thought would be if things get quiet on the trawling maybe we could have thrown some poppers and chase the GT's again before calling it a day. Overall, great value and would highly recommend.

Visited October 2011
“Amazing free diving experience in beautiful fiji”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spent a half day free diving off yanuca island. Group got a 50# 'doggie' or dogtooth tuna. Scenery just amazing and Coral reefs were very beautiful. Gear boat service all excellent. Beginners feel very welcome and at ease Owners jaga and heather were very nice. Heather picked us up at our hotel and also helped arrange transportation back. Will definitely repeat next time in Fiji!

Miami, Florida
“I'll say it in two words......"First Class!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I am an avid fisherman and boater and when I was referred to Free Diver Fiji Charters was one of the best decisions I made to hunt down fish while in Fiji. A lot of Captains will take you for a boat ride, not wanting to use up fuel and usually ends with a one hook up and a disappointing day. Not the case with Free Dive Fiji. Jagar, boat owner & Captain teams up with his wife Heather on this couple business venture. Whatever their philosophy is or mission statement for their business it works and comes natural to them.

The day starts either Captain Jagar picking you up at the Pearl or you meeting him at his private dock. The boat is packed with homemade goodies like cinnamon buns freshly baked, muffins, cookies from scratch and refreshing sandwiches. Chef by trade, I enjoyed Heather's scrumptious spread each day. All you do is have to show up and they do it all. The boat is well stocked with other snacks, beverages and waters to make your day comfortable. Creature comforts below in the galley include a head (bathroom).

The boat's almost 12+ foot wide beam allows for a smooth & stable ride. Sea Swirl 29 with Twin Four stroke reliable Yamaha motors makes the day a dream. The boat is built for fishing and well appointed, feels like you are on a 33 footer, plenty of room for 4 anglers to fight the fish and sometimes all four at once, yes quadruple hook up, happened on one of my days out with them. Top of the line equipment, too... Penn & Shimano reels.

Next Jagar goes out and finds the fish, how do you know this, well half the fishing charters will follow and chase him down to get to where he is going, He puts you on the fish. I caught my largest Wahoo of my life in the 50 pound range and another 60 plus was caught that day (not by me), total of 8 fish smallest in the 30 pound range, the next day was a half charter I booked, we only had three, might I remind you of the usual fish charter companies will be lucky to get you one. And yes even on a half day Heather packs the works so bring your appetite as well.

All around this operation is a first class- five star experience. With creature comforts, lunch, beverages and friendly knowledgeable staff on board it makes a great vacation day full of memories. Based on my first hand experience with them I would not hestiate to recomend for adults & chiildren with either years of fishing experience or none at all. I highly reomend booking a trip with them before leaving Fiji...if you want to catch fish!

He also feature spear diving trips and combo spear diving and sport fishing as well. Check out the website and you will see the proof. Prices are very reasonable and the value for what you get is unparallel. If you want to catch fish, get a tan at the same time and take in some breath taking scenery (bring the camera) then book a trip with Free Dive Fiji Day Charters.... you won't regret it.

I am a USCG Certified Boat Captain & Merchant Marine, business owner, Accomplished Chef, Fishing Tournament winner & ex- fishing charter owner. I fished all over the world so if I took the time to write about my awesome experience with Free Dive Fiji Day Charters and with my professional background to recommend this trip, it has to be good!

Be Well, Call them.....................now go catch some fish!

Visited June 2011
3 attraction reviews
“Wicked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Could not believe what a great day fishing we had.Blokes were unreal, boat and equipment great food superb.Am going back for extended fishing trip for sure