“Nice location - but not worth the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island

You added Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island to your Saves list
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mamanuca Islands, Fiji (Formerly Amunuca Island Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tokoriki Island
“Nice location - but not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it was enough. The hotel does not reach a 5 star level at all! The rooms were more a 2 -3 star standard! Moreover the were not clean and for example we had to remind the staff 3 times that we need towels!

The other facilities had potential but they were not cleaned regarding a 5 star standard either!

The staff was very friendly but not trained properly! we had to wait for a very long time and several times our orders were just forgotten.

You could clearly see that there was no real management that took care of all the employees who most of the time were just standing around without knowing what to do.

Moreover, the employees lived next to our room in the resort and walked around in their private clothes within the resort and on the beach!

However, the food was delicious but also overpriced! We had to asked for tap water and people were not amused that we did not take the expensive Fiji water!

The beach is very small and no one is taking care of it. Everything, even snorkeling equipment does cost!

We also forgot our swimming suit in the hotel and stayed at the westin in denarau for 3 more nights! However, the hotel staff was unable to find our clothes - so I wonder what happen to it with only 30 guest in the whole resort! We even called the hotel 2 times, but apparently they couldn't find anything!

Overall, not worth the money and not worth 5 stars! However, the employees were very friendly and helpful and the location was great!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have just had two nights of relaxation at the Sheraton Resort and Spa Tokoriki - I stayed in a the adults only area of the resort the room was lovely and big plunge pool on the deck and lovely day bed lounger.
The staff were so attentive, the food was AMAZING couldn't fault one meal - will definately be back - the resort had a boutique feel about it although it was large - I did also look at the family rooms that are available and was very impressed with the size of those great if you are taking children too. lovely pool area, and you can swim off the beach.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are devine, but the ones just back are fine as well
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stunning location and excellent service. Beach and snorkelling are excellent. Bures are spacious and well presented. Food was excellent albeit very expensive. The fish curry was divine. Pool is on the small side and the pathways are a little bland but overall a great resort.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
North Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

very good location but thats almost it is

Room are nice but like other said paper thin wall with not much sound proof and u cant have your blinds open because people walks pass your slinding door. the own pool is nice but with limit cover on your deck and face west. cant use it much

My tv and power keep cut and the kettle is badly rusted. I request a new one brought to my room and 8 hrs later still none. i have to borrow it from next door.

very expensive for everything.

Fishing with 2 rods for 4 people 160 each end up 4 fish for 3 hrs ? we will get half of the fee refund in Syd fishing charter and most likely get 3 times the fish.After fishing U have to pay 50FJD to get your fish cooked..... 50 per head not per fish or dishs.

want Snork ? 15FJD per HOUR..........thats over the moon and no one will tell you not go in low tide.

Breakie is very limited and same everyday for about 50 FJD. Dinner is better but we once end up over 700 for 4 people. Orch.......

Dinning and swim area have very very limit are under cover so put extra suncream guys

Hotel gives 3 free wifi per room but hardly works. 1st guest cant found on day 1 and day 2 then u cant open web in your room but it woks in lobby. >_<

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our first holiday with our 6 month old son. The staff were amazing and the location matched the service.

The only negative was that the resort didn't offer any external activities and wouldn't assist to book services with the other resort on the island when they didn't even offer them, such as scuba diving.

The food was amazing and the beach front bure was exactly that, on the water front.

Would definately recommend this to families. You are able to book a baby minding service through the front desk for a few hours to allow you to have a quiet dinner with your partner. The girls that looked after our son were fantastic with him.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The resort was beautiful, much better than the fake Denarau resorts. Real sand and amazing blue water. The Fijians working there are beautiful people and we did not have a problem with them at any stage. We felt that there were sufficient activities to take part in - yes you have to pay for most of them. If you don't want to spend money, why are you staying at a 5 star resort? Yes the restaurant is expensive, they have a famous chef and the food has to be delivered to the island all the way from the mainland. What else were you expecting? If you are really concerned, bring a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and skip breakfast or lunch or something.
The resort was absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't speak higher of the staff and facilities. We will be returning.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are absolutely amazing, however, all rooms are amazing at this hotel.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for 2 nights arriving early on a Friday and departing Sunday afternoon. The location is great, the water is a nice clear turquoise with a big reef/lagoon swimming area in front of the hotel and really good snorkelling out at the edge of the reef. You can swim out there, or there is someone on a jet ski who will give you a tow out and stay out with you if he’s not busy. That’s a really nice touch. However, the hotel and hotel services are pretty basic. First of all I struggled with trying to arrange my transfers (which I tried to book a few weeks in advance), I checked the hotel website and for some reason I didn’t clearly see the boat transfer times and got confused. I then contacted the hotel to book another option and then realised I had to change it, I had to make several phone calls and send several emails following up to make sure my transfer was changed. That was really frustrating. In the end I had to change my return transfer as well since I had gotten the boat schedule wrong. That whole experience with the transfers to and from the island was totally confusing, I got told many different things around the timings and the prices of transfers. It worked out ok the end, the front desk manager was very helfpul in getting a return transfer sorted out for me.
I had a beachfront bungalow, which I believe is one of the best rooms. I used SPG points so I can’t comment on prices, I did think it was lot of points for the room (I was comparing this to the same amount of points used for an over the water bungalow at the Sheraton Full Moon in the Maldives which was much nicer). I did see the prices for my nights and I thought it was quite high. The beachfront bungalows are steps away from the beach though which is nice, but they weren’t designed with privacy in mind. There is a wall between you and your direct neighbour, but the other side is open to your other neighbour. Also people tend to walk to and from the bungalows along the grass so you get that as well.
The rooms are very basic, and very noisy as other people have said. It felt very bare in there, no lamps just harsh overhead lights, and the floors were very creaky and loud, contributing to the noise. The bathrooms have been renovated and quite nicely tiled with a glass shower. I had assumed they would leave bottled water in my room but they didn’t and I had to call frequently to get 2 small bottles, and then had to keep calling, the person who answered my calls was not very friendly either. There is no shop on the grounds and I wasn’t keen to spend $10+ on bottled water. The TV in my room didn't work, I called a couple times about that, they came, got it working, and then it would fail again. I never bothered to call again I just left it.The housekeeping was not that good, they didn’t replace towels and didn’t put away dishes. There is no room service and no mini bar in the room, you’re only option for eating is at the hotel restaurant. I chose to just eat the breakfast buffet and then had brought some snacks with me.
Overall I would say my experience was ok with this resort since I only went for a few days and I used points, I really enjoyed the snorkelling and being that close to the beach, and the location is fantastic, but I wouldn’t recommend this resort if you are looking for a really special place with a bit of luxury for a honeymoon or something similar.
Hope this review helps!

Room Tip: Ocean view retreat rooms don't have much privacy, get a beachfront retreat if possible
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island? Share your experiences!