I can well understand why this island resort was rated by TripAdvisor as the most romantic for 2012. We celebrated our anniversary with a private (delish!) seafood dinner on the seashore, with flickering lantern lights, beautiful spray of orchids, and blustery wind that threatened to blow our staunchly brave orchids into the ocean. Romance can be found anyhow and everywhere!
We flew to the resort from Nadi Airport via Island Hopper helicopter. It was pricey but well worth the short 15-minute flight compared to 2+ hours in an aluminum boat. However, flying in by heli meant no greeting songs by the staff as they welcomed you at the dock. No matter! They sang constantly throughout the day and night, and made sure your special celebration is enriched by song and music. They have the most amazing repertoire of songs! And everyone working at the resort seems to have this inherent gift of music. They go out of their way to remember you by name, and treated you with gentle respect and courtesy. We were amazed by their genuine warmth and easy friendliness. They really did feel like family by end of our stay.
Bula: Rustic but romantic, with indoor and outdoor showers, woodsy décor, mosquito netting, and loungers and hammock out back. Flight of steps down to the beach. Our side of the beach was not as wide or extensive compared to the other end, but the sunsets were just as beautiful right outside on our terrace.
Spa: We availed ourselves with the 300FJD unlimited 3-day spa pass. However, the pass was inclusive of only certain treatments, and did cut into our other activities as we only stayed 4 nights. I would not do the spa pass again the next time unless we were staying longer. The spa space was serene and beautifully designed.
WiFi: free only at the bar/restaurant area.
Food & Drinks: Generally fresh and well-presented. Breakfast bar was at times sparse of choices, and the buffet ran short of food for guests at the back of the queue. Happy hour from 6-7, with selected drinks at a reduced cost. More fruit selection would have been nice. Meal plan is available, but we did not subscribe to it. Afternoon tea & snack are free.
Activities: It’s island time! North Americans must remember NOT to be punctual, unless it is an off-resort activity. Reserve your activity at the dive shop. Free snorkeling trips, plus other paid activities. We did the garden walk, coconut water tasting, trip to visit a Fijian village on another island, and the kava ceremony, which is a must-have experience for anyone wishing to learn more about the Fijian culture.
It was a memorable trip full of special experiences of the culture and its people. We will definitely make Fiji, and Tokoriki, a destination to be enjoyed again and again! Vinaka!
- Also Known As:
- Tokoriki Island Resort, Fiji Hotel Tokoriki Island
- Tokoriki Island Resort, Fiji Hotel
- Tokoriki Island Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tokoriki Island Resort, Fiji, is a privately owned luxury boutique resort offering a unique personal touch making it perfect for couples and honeymooners. Located in the Mamanuca Islands and just 12 minutes from Nadi International airport by helicopter or 75 minutes by large catamaran or 1hr by speed boat. With the choice of a barefoot wedding, a traditional chapel ceremony, your Sunset Pool Villa deck or by the infinity edge pool at sunset will ensure a truly memorable wedding at Tokoriki Island Resort. All 34 beachfront bures and villas are freestanding with a fusion of contemporary style and Fijian design, air conditioned, enveloped in lush tropical gardens and feature both indoor and outdoor showers. The spacious Sunset Pool Villas boast a separate living area, a 3.5M x 2.5M infinity edge pool, cabana and double daybed. Enjoy daily changing a la carte menus featuring South Pacific and Asian influences with a modern international twist. Dining options include terrace dining, romantic oceanfront or an intimate evening at Teppanyaki. Relax and indulge in the luxury day spa, soak up the sun poolside or on the beach or experience Fijian culture with a visit to the local village including a traditional kava ceremony. Discover the beauty of snorkeling Tokoriki's coral reefs or dive with the PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Dive Team. With an abundance of sites including a Giant Clam Farm less than 30 minutes by boat, keen divers and snorkelers are spoilt for choice. At Tokoriki you'll arrive as a visitor and leave as a friend! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Tokoriki Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.