We have just returned after an amazing 6 nights on Castaway Island. We loved it ! My husband and I travelled with our 2 active boys aged 10 and 13. From the moment you step off the boat you feel at home and relaxed. We had a beach Bure on the South Beach . The Bure was spacious and spotless, and although that side of the Beach was prone to more wind I loved the privacy as the majority of people and activities are on the North Beach. We took advantage of the meal plan, which I would recommend as you could eat at any of the restaurants and I felt it was good value. The quality of the food was very good. The breakfast buffet was yummy, with plenty of variety. We ate from the al a carte , pizza or sushi cafe for lunches and al a carte for diviner most nights. We did have buffet 2 night as on a Wed and Sat they do a theme night so only buffet or the pizza restaurant available. I'm not a huge buffet fan at dinner as i like to relax and take my time so 2 nights was more than I would have liked to have been restricted too , but that's just my preference, not a reflection on food quality. The 1808 was an amazing experience but unfortunately due to 2 very windy nights we only got to eat there once. This restaurant is totally weather dependant because all the cooking is done outdoors, it is on the sand and has no walls or roof therefore it closes in bad weather.
The staff very friendly and courteous and the service was very good around the island in all areas.
We felt extremely safe on the Island and the boys were able to wander to the tennis courts, or table tennis or to play with the activities staff on the beach. The resort gas kayaks, paddle boards, catamarans and snorkelling equipment available for use. The snorkelling is amazing, some times we swam out but we also took a kayak out and tied it to a buoy and snorkelled from there so we get see a different part of the reef without a giant swim first.
I could go on and on but overall I can say we had a great experience. The kids loved it as there was plenty to do ( nothing involving a screen which was great ) we loved it as it was restful and relaxing and despite being school holidays and a full house it never seemed crowded or noisy.
Things to note : drinking water is fantastic ( they have there own desalination plant) and readily available at all the bars don't waste energy or money with bottled; take your own shampoo and conditioner as the resort only supplies a 2 in 1 that is in a refillable tub; if you buy a bottle of wine and don't finish it you can take it back to your room and bring it back next meal time; you can BYO wine at $ 20 Fiji corkage; kayaking around the Island takes 45- 60 minutes and is hard work at low tide as you have to go out further to avoid reef!!! ; free Wifi available at all restaurant/ bar areas and it is pretty reliable given you are miles from anywhere;
In summary we loved it , it has ruined us for anywhere else in Fiji as this was our 5 th trip to Fiji , our first to Castaway and the only place we will ever stay in Fiji again !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)