We arrived aboard the Tiger IV to a lovely greeting by the staff singing and welcoming all new guests. Since this resort is so popular, we have found you must book ahead if you want to be part of this south pacific paradise. Our room was on the south beach and we were delighted and amazed with the size and cleanliness of the bure. Waiting for us inside was a basket of fresh fruit. They really know how to make you feel relaxed and at home in a hurry. We immediately shut off the A/C and opened the windows since a beautiful breeze flowed through the rooms. We never felt the need to turn it back on in the entire 10 days we were there. We liked the south beach because it was quiet and calm, but the north beach was also very nice, so you can't go wrong with either location. Castaway is beautiful no matter where your bure is located.
The meals were fantastic for an island paradise. I had the opportunity to take a tour of the kitchen and was amazed at how spotless and tidy everything and everybody was. Many establishments in the states should be so clean and modern. We went to breakfast every morning to a buffet of numerous choices, including fresh fruit, eggs cooked to order, bacon, sausage, cereals, and fresh baked breads and pastries. As we sat at our table overlooking the beach, the staff kept us supplied with plenty of coffee. As each guest left, the staff immediately cleaned the table and was always smiling and laughing with all of us. What a relaxing way to start the day. After beach time, snorkeling, kayaking and relaxing, it was time for lunch. Imagine our surprise that such a small island has the ability to staff and service all the guests with such competence and sincere care. And again, smiles and friendliness were bountiful from the meticulous staff.
Who can say more about dinner than to say the menu was terrific and had many choices, including beef fillet, fish, lamb etc. Sitting there under the stars in casual clothes while looking across the table at a smiling, tanned spouse I was in "paradise." This feeling wasn't possible without the friendliest staff who love to be recognized for their service by their first name. Now that is personal!
The staff at the sports shop and diving were always there to answer any questions, and I always had plenty. The sports equipment is top shelf and safety is unsurpassed when it comes to diving.
I am writing this review because I find it very unusual to see all the effort made by the management and staff of this proportion on a small south sea island. The Fijians are truly the most friendly and caring people we have ever met in our many travels. Our family comes from the states, and we are excited to be making plans to return to our "Castaway Family" again next year with three generations of our family.
By trip advisor making this a "Secret Gem of the South Pacific", our secret paradise is no longer secret!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)