After staying at a few resorts around the world, they all seem the same - a nice pool, a beach, a spa, good food and good company. However, Mana differentiates itself with:
- the warm Fijian welcome and hospitality,
- the free daily cultural activities (there's even a separate schedule for kids which sounded more exciting than the adults schedule!),
- the free unpowered watersports activities, like snorkeling, kayaking, sailing.
Food variety and quality is OK at the buffet, but much better at the south beach restaurant. Book ahead to avoid disappointment. Avoid the meat dishes though, as they didn't taste very fresh - you are on a remote island after all. Water is desalinated and drinkable on the island, but we brought our own just in case. Stock up on your own breakfast/snacks/fruit/alcohol before arriving on the island, to avoid high island prices.
We loved the outdoor walks to the lookouts, and sunset beach, the fantastic snorkeling just off the beach (as mentioned by others, North Beach is the best), and the cultural shows at night (eg/ dance and firedance). The spa treatment prices were much cheaper than 5 star hotels in Nadi, and of a decent quality - we did the couples 3 hour treatment with massage, facial and spa, with a bottle of wine.
There is wifi available for purchase, but why would waste your time online when you could be out there enjoying what Mana has to offer!
The minor imperfections:
- it's a double-edged sword with the family being kid friendly - kids can be quite noisy if staying in an adjoining room.
- staying in a downstairs Ocean View room is a slight disadvantage if you are sensitive to noise at night - especially if the upstairs neighbours are constantly sliding furniture around on the concrete floor, or when the aircon units are constantly running. Sleeping closer to the soothing ocean waves washing onto the beach solves that problem.
We came here for a friend's wedding, and overall we weren't disappointed, with many good memories. A nice introduction to Fiji.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mana Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mana Island Hotel Mana Island