“Canadian Girl in Fiji” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mana Lagoon Backpackers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mana Island
Mana Lagoon Backpackers
You added Mana Lagoon Backpackers to your Saves list
Manabeach 4, Fiji   |
“Canadian Girl in Fiji”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Traveling around the world by myself went to this place on an small island in the South Pacific I felt safe here the staff made me feel at home they all new my name . The price was right . Lots of activities and fun to keep me busy . I was in my bikini most of the time cause it was so warm and I didn't feel uncomfortable . I well return one day . I found Paradise Thank you Mana Lagoon!

• Stayed February 2014
Manalagoon, Manager at Mana Lagoon Backpackers, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
/vinaka

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I am backpacking around the world and I ended up on this 300 acre Island in Fiji. Wow did I come to the right place lots of fun lots of Hot chicks and Cold Fiji Beeeeer ! I think I found my Paradise ! Thank you God for Mana Lagoon !! I think I found my future X Wife here . Bula Bula Bula !!

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

A fantastic cultural experience with a chance to see the real small island (different to the mainland like Nadi and Suva) way of life. Good food and the friendliest people you can meet, you are welcomed with open arms and have the choice to either relax on beautiful beaches, hike around the island, go on scuba and surf excursions and even visit the Island that featured in Tom Hanks film Castaway. There are great live shows every night from traditional tribal dances, fire breathers, music shows, quiz nights and a world night. All are well presented and have the whole audience interacting and getting to know each other and learning a "Bula dance". The islanders are so generous they even let you try their cava for free and encourage visitors to pay a visit to the local school and give you the chance to teach and interact with the children.

This is my favorite place on planet earth and there is not many I haven't been too. If you want culture, good people, good food an awesome scenery with loads to do this should be a destination for you.

Room Tip: Speak to Noa.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manalagoon, Manager at Mana Lagoon Backpackers, responded to this review, March 20, 2014

Vinaka
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We ate at Mana Lagoon a few times. A great effort from Ravi and his team under trying circumstances (we had a crew of 15 turn up). Carpet bag steak is worth a crack and is served really hot with a stuffing of prawns, pineapple and pine nuts. Worth the extra 300m walk from Ratu Kini for the authentic Fiji Backpacker experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I spent a wonderful Christmas here. As it was my first Christmas away from my family I was a little uncertain of what to expect. What I received at Mana however was a great food and very friendly staff. I went to visit the Castaway island, done some island hopping, done some surfing and thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas dinner.

The only thing I was disappointed in was visiting the other side of Mana. They have a wonderful spa and I thought I would treat myself seeing as it was Christmas. The treatments ranged from $300 to $600 and I was glad to arrive to find that it was quite and had plenty of room left. As soon as they found out I was from the backpacker area they wouldn't even allow me to book in despite the fact that they were low on the business, my money wasn't good enough.

As the backpacker area there is amazing food and company to be had and I was really surprised that even people from the upper resort came down to eat here. It was great speaking and meeting everyone from around the island. It was just a pity I wasn't even allowed to buy to enjoy any treatments on the other parts of the island.

On the bright side I saved some money and enjoyed more activities. It was a wonderful Christmas.

And a big thank you to all the staff especially Joe our boat captain. You made the trip worthwhile.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Romford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I dont understand why every review isn't 5 stars. Yes its a hostel and if you haven't stayed in one in a non-westerned country before you might be surprised at a few dogs running around and the odd bug but was so impressed with the hospitality of the wonderful staff at Mana Lagoon. Its important to know there's no electricity between sunrise and sunset so if you need to charge things best to do it overnight.

Ate the best i probably ate in my three months with nutritious tasty meals that are different every day. Mana Island is big enough to explore and I even managed to get lost on it for an hour and a half which i find hard to explain as it really isnt that big.

Great views of the sunset and helpful staff, cheap diving, the best thing being that because of the small number of beds at the hostel there is always a nice number of people staying there, not too many, not too little and so you become part of the family the longer you stay there.

We stayed for 5 days and i would have stayed longer if i could have. Great place to relax.

Sala is the most special member of staff and deserves a special mention!

Awesome week

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Vinaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Chef Ravi served tasty and buget meal for us eventhough we stayed other Backpackers. We spent a good time in there.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Mana Lagoon Backpackers? Share your experiences!