“Nothing to do but relax” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Lomani Island Resort to your Saves list
Lomani Island Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fiji   |
“Nothing to do but relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was an amazing holiday for my partner and I. We stayed in one of the beachfront bures at the resort, which was lovely. The resort staff were friendly and very accommodating. Their real job was to make sure you were relaxed and enjoying yourself. You could do as little or as much as you wanted. We snorkelled at every opportunity and this was fantastic. Lots of colour and variety of fish. The pool and the day beds were plentiful and also very relaxing. I would probably give the place a 4.5 out of 5 because the food was the only thing that wasn't perfection. I was expecting a 'sheraton/Hilton type experience. Breakfast was a little disappointing but dinner was good. I also was hoping for the seafood buffet one night and it didn't come (oh well!)

I can't wait to go back. We had the most relaxing and romantic time away. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I loved the beachfront bures. Very private and well decked out.

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and i have just returned from Lomani resort after our second trip there. the staff were just amasing, it had been 2 years since we had stayed and they remembered us by name and even what room we had stayed in prior. The food was nothing less than amasing and the rooms were clean and just everything that we could have asked for and more.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I had six wonderful nights at Lomani. Already attending a wedding at Shangri-La on the coral coast, which was enjoyable but this place is amazing!!!
The staff are the most warm, sincere, friendly people we have ever met and I have tears in my eyes now just thinking about them. I do like the idea there are so many free activities and we enjoyed all of them (maybe not the gallery tour but the rest were great) Haven't rode a bike for years and loved using the ones which were available. We paid for the meal package and were impressed with everything on the menu.
Our accommodation was an Ocean Bure which was lovely but would be more than happy when returning (which we will be) to down grade and stay much longer as the other accommodation was quite nice also. All accommodation has ocean views.
The resort is spotlessly clean, spectacular views, peaceful, extremely relaxing, just wonderful..
For Surfers a boat left from Plantation Resort jetty and my husband paid about $70.00 Fijian, (about $47.00 australian), during our stay two surf trips went out each day...
Bulla Lomani we will return!!!

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed four nights in an ocean bure. Beautiful accommodation with a great view and about 10metre walk to the water. Lomani has considered everything, washing and room service daily, free water, turn down service with a little chocolate nightly, hard drive of DVDs, gorgeous outdoor shower. Free activities of dolphin watching, snorkelling, shell village tour, managers cocktail party and Mongolian night. Lucy and the fellow colleagues so friendly and welcoming. Great to meet other couples staying in the resort, great food at the flame tree and of course, the beds by the pool with the hula button were also a hit. vin aka.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I visited here for 2 days, I have very mixed feelings on how to write this review so let's start with The Plus....a very relaxing peaceful resort (could be due to the fact that is an adult only).. Beautiful quaint accommodation overlooking the beach, these are very private and well laid out, I loved the outdoor shower. The staff are very helpful and friendly though sometimes u wish things could hurry up but remember "Fijian time". And who could blame them:). The daily activities snorkelling, line fishing etc excellent. The entertainment, singers etc fantastic. The Improvements....The Food this is the hardest, and I don't want to be too harsh but it is very expensive for the quality (I realise we are on a island and transportation costs are to be considered) but I feel there needs to be a huge improvement made .....eg Saturday night Mongolian BBQ $85 per head, choose your own ingredients and they are cooked for you stir fry or BBQ, salads and a soup is included and desert. But I am sorry I am not a fan, you have no other choice and have to pay the $85 for a stir fry/BBQ and if you are not a huge eater this is a huge price to pay. And I am sorry but desert was very dry and unappetising. I did tell them I wasn't happy and am pleased to say the next day we were only charged for one meal. Thank you Lomani for taking this on board. Also meant to add that entertainment was included which was excellent but didn't make up for the meal.
Breakfast and lunch were ok but still too expensive for the quality. I realise u are trying but expectations are not being met.
To finish ....would highly recommend to honeymooners & couples escaping the hassle and bustle.

Wynyard, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at Lomani for a week. A lovely clean resort with fun staff, who welcomed us so warmly. This was our first time at Lomani and would love to revisit in the future. We enjoyed the company of some very friendly people from Aust., Italy and USA, as visitors from all over the world enjoy this resort. We stayed in 3 different rooms as were upgraded one night to an Ocean Bure. We actually enjoyed getting to compare all the rooms. Other than the privacy of the Ocean Bure all accommodation is great. The cheapest still has ocean views and quick access to the beach and met all our needs. We loved the Guitar playing of an evening and the ambience of the beachside dining. Having no-one under 16 years staying here meant we got to enjoy and relax in the pool with out all the chaos and noise kids create. |So on summing up I'd say this is a resort for"" The empty nester"", Honey Mooner or those just wanting a peaceful but fun Adult holiday. A highlight for me( celebrating my 50th) was Paragliding from Plantation Resort. This Resort is owned by the same company, which means you can use their facilities too and enjoy their activities. Complimentary bikes meant a quick ride and we were there to look about .A brilliant resort holiday for us. Vinaka Lomani!!!!

Room Tip: All are good. The Ocean Bures offer a little more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I honestly did not think I would write a review but after our stay we send a very BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF AT LOMANI for a very relaxed week at your resort. We chose LOMANI based in the reviews we has read even the few negative ones. All I can say is that the negative reviewers would not be happy anywhere because this was pure Indulgance. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were totally relaxed and we could do as much as we wanted or as little. A major factor is that this is an adults only resort, you could notice because it was so quiet. If you need a kid fix just drop into Plantation Resort because you will return quick smart. We opted for the food package which as great and the lovo night was also excellent. The beachfront bure was very spacious and clean with the outdoor shower a highlight. The activities are on a do as much as you want or as little as you want, as Fiji time sets in quickly!!

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and stay in a beachfront bure!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lomani Island Resort? Share your experiences!