My wife and I really loved the Adults-Only Lomani. It is on Mololo Island, about 1 hour from the Port of Denarau by boat, but there is an airstrip as well. It is a sister property to the family Plantation Resort and there are exchange privileges and you can dine at the Plantation restaurants and charge it to your room. They are only 10 minutes apart by foot, or you can take the resort shuttle, a golf cart.
We were met at the docks by the wonderful Orisi and taken by golf cart to the resort. We were met at the door by the staff with a Fijian song of greeting, a great first impression. Then we were led through the small lobby to a roofed portion of the open-air lobby and given cold towels and fresh coconut juice. The charming Petueli then gave us a resort overview and showed us to the room.
We were in the Deluxe Suite, which was on the 2nd floor of a 2-story building and had a partial ocean view. It looked right at the ocean and was only blocked a bit by the trees. It was about a one minute walk to the ocean. The room was very clean and spacious with a bedroom, bathroom with glassed-in shower, living area and large balcony. There is a flat screen TV with DVD player and hard drive with some movies but no TV service. Also in the living room is a mini fridge stocked with free water and also coffee/tea maker. There is a wall-mounted a/c in the bedroom. There is a large unit in the bedroom to store clothes and also iron and board. The bathroom is good-sized but the water is non-potable.
We did not dine at any of the restaurants at the sister resort and the food at Lomani was excellent, but it is pricey as dinner entrée’s average $40 Fijian. One of the evening’s they had a lobster dish that was $140 Fijian. Dinner normally comes with a chef’s small appetizer and bread. They do have a meal plan, not including beverages, and continental breakfast is included. You can also add some hot breakfast items for a surcharge. Service was excellent at the restaurant, thank you Vilive! A piece of advice for dinner, do use the bug spray and be sure to spray it on well as all dining is open air, some tables out in the open more than others. The mosquitoes are very good at biting and the first night I had sprayed well all but the bottom of the leg and feet and this is exactly where I had about 7 good bites! There are also about 6 beachfront tables that are first-come first-serve. They have a couple of staff that plays live music at night.
We really loved the resort grounds and the look of the resort. It is very small and intimate, the buildings mostly of white, and some lovely artwork and lighting in the evening. They have recently expanded, adding some additional stand-alone bures.
A nice bonus of staying at the Lomani is the daily resort excursions are included. We did take a snorkel trip one day and the nest a trip to try to see dolphins as well as a snorkel. We were lucky as we did fin the pod of spinner dolphins and the snorkel spot afterwards was wonderful. Very clear waters and an abundance of fish life, the most I have ever seen and I have snorkeled in the Caribbean, Tahiti, and Palawan. It was like swimming in an aquarium.
At the end of the stay many of the staff gathered and sang a Fijian farewell song for us. After some hugs it was a nice ending to our stay and we were sad to leave.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Hotel
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 12 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.