From the second you walk into the lobby and are greeted with a fresh coconut cocktail with hibiscuses sticking out of it you know you are in HEAVAN! Within hours all the staff new our names and we quickly realised we'd better learn theirs, this wasn't hard as it is a small resort with same lovely staff on everyday.
I think I must of taken about 50 photo's of our perfect hibiscus room, it was just pure bliss (ask for room 11). A huge king size bamboo 4 poster bed, a separate lounge room with very comfy couch and large t.v. The bathroom was quiet big with large shower and separate toilet, then there was a private out door shower set in tropical gardens. We had our own wooden deck with table and 2 big lounges all set in amongst tropical flowers. The room was made up evryday with beautiful fresh frangapanis and hibiscus flowers, little touches really do make a difference.
The grounds of the resort were imaculate and we were even lucky enough to see a couple of low key weddings while we were there, they made us wonder weather WE should've got married there it was just so beautiful.
The staff were like a family, so happy and friendly and would do ANYTHING for you. You have Tui who runs the restaurant, Paul who does activities,Natu is your chaufer, Gym is behind the bar and many other staff who are equally as great! The resort manager came out everyday and spoke to guests, making sure everything was ok. We were sitting in the pool one day and a boat arrived with a man carrying a large Mackreal fish. He took it over to the chef, I yelled out to the chef 'can we have that for dinner?', he said 'do you want it, OK then!' So we had it for dinner that night. The restaurant is lovely and quiet, every night the Fijian staff would play Fijian music that really set the mood. The food is good and very promp service, however I think the breakfast could do with a little improvement, but deffinitly not bad.
The pool is large and surrounded by big lounges, it could do with some shade sails over the pool and maybe some more bar service around the pool. Throughout the grounds there are hammocks under palm trees in the gardens and on the beach.
The activities are good and FREE! We went snorkelling everyday. We live on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and are used to great snorkelling. The snorkelling in Fiji and the trips that we did with Lomani were better than any snorkelling we've ever done at home! Whether you're a first time snorkeller or a pro diver, you will LOVE the snorkelling in Fiji.
We played golf on the island (which isn't owned by Lomani) and it was very basic. Definitly not a pro golf course but it does the job and has a great view over the ocean!
The other most photographed thing was the sunsets! So beautiful no matter where you are on the island. That's another great thing, you can walk and dine anywhere you like on the island. We explored Plantation Resort and Musket Cove Resort, both very good resorts depending what you are after. Even though Plantation is right next to Lomani and is filled with children, we never saw one kid at Lomani. Suprisingly guests do actually read the signs saying that Lomani is adults only.
I really could go on all day but I think you get the point. If you're looking for a romantic, quiet getaway, this is definitly the place for you. We stayed 7 nights, next time we would probably stay maybe 4 or 5 and then go and explore other islands. Do not bother with the main land, we also spend a week there and it was absolutly horrible!
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Hotel
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 12 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.