I wasn't sure if this was located on its own private island but when we arrived and jumped on the golf cart that brought us to the secluded resort for adults only - we knew we were in our own private hideaway. The staff greeted us with a beautiful welcome song - and not just some boring same ol same ol like Chevy's Happy Birthday - I mean this was an amazing and beautifully performed song - with heart. Our room was perfect - big king size bed and nice bathroom. Our patio was maybe 100 feet from the beach and looked out on the blue water and frangipani trees and lush green lawns. The Fijians are probably the nicest people ever. They work hard for not very much an hour but have big smiles and are very helpful and warm and kind. The singing goes on through dinner and the man who sings and plays guitar sounds like the lead singer from Blues Travelers and is AMAZING. We rode bikes around the island, went snorkeling and dined on the beach by candlelight. The food was good, order the special or just ask them what is good - they will tell you! When it came time to leave, each one of the staff that was working gave us a warm goodbye and then they all joined in song - from the older guy who was gardening to the younger kitchen help - all in unison like they have practiced for years. It was so beautiful I had to hold back the tears - and was so sad to leave that I promised myself if i ever went back to Fiji, I would have to visit Lomani again. BTW - "Bula" means Hello in Fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 12 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island