“Beautiful! And great food!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Musket Cove Island Resort to your Saves list
Musket Cove Island Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Private Mail Bag, NAP 0352 | Nadi Airport, Fiji   |
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful! And great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Totally recommend this hotel... Beautiful well kept grounds amazing staff an the best food we had in Fiji.

everyone was extremely nice, helpful and friendly. Loved it!

We stayed at Plantation Island (dump) but spent all our time here. Try to make the pig roast wonderful meal and wonderful experience

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a delayed flight and an expensive water taxi, I arrived at the resort at 7.45pm. I was greeted by Nai at reception and taken to my garden bure. It was so nice to walk into a small home. It was clean, tidy, plenty of towels and toiletries. Unfortunately the power wasn't on at the points but before breakfast the next day the maintenance man switched the mains on and all was working well. I did have to ask for tea, coffee and sugar but that was all I had to ask for. There was always plenty of water and the maid service knew I drank a lot of water so very nicely left an extra bottle.
I loved my stay, the garden bure was in the first row so it was a short walk to the beach to get wet. I didn't stay at the pool very long as I just wanted to relax alone and read and enjoy the beautiful garden.
The Spa was fantastic. Laite, the girl who massaged me twice was wonderful. I really enjoyed my treatments and I also had a pedicure and manicure. All worth the really inexpensive cost of having someone pampering me.
The food was abundant, fresh and well laid out. There was plenty of variety and I advise you to pay for your meals before you go. I paid for a continental breakfast which consisted of cereal, yohurts, fruit, toast, pastries, tea, coffee and juice - more than enough to eat and I paid for dinner which you could choose from al a carte or the buffet each night. Most nights were theme nights so you got variety.
I was able to swim the cove at high tide and it was safe and enjoyable.
I can't recommend Musket Cove resort highly enough. All the staff were wonderful, they would welcome you at each meal by name and made you feel special. As a solo traveller, it was a perfect place to relax, swim, walk and just enjoy the solitude if that's what you wanted. If you wanted company then you went to the pool area where I did meet some very nice people who included me at dinner for a couple of nights.
I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the end garden bure closest to the airstrip in the front row just across from the beach...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were there from 25/12/2013 - 30/12/2013. We had a great experience.

Friendly staffs, nice service and it makes you feel home away from home.

Few complimentary stuffs like boat tour twice a day for snorkelling, kayaking, wind surfing gives you opportunity to utilize and burn some calories.

Definitely a go again place for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spent our precious Christmas/ New year break of 2013 in Musket cove. One of the best holidays ever had. Would not even give a second thought in choosing Musket cove if I need any relaxing, family time out of any busy schedule. The rooms are well equipped with aircon/ fans/ high roofs to forget Fiji's scorching hot days. They are serviced everyday and kept clean. Location is perfect. Until the last moment I was confused as to go ahead with Musket cove or book with Plantation. Very satisfied with choosing Musket cove. If only I had chosen plantation island, my holiday would be ruined because of the crowded and noisy spot. Afterall intuitions work at times and really grateful to tripadvisor that it gathers all the opinions to refer to. I should not forget to mention on the services of the staffs in Musket cove- Its a real home away from home. The staffs as a whole were like my brother/ sisters and importantly a part of family- joking around/ laughing smiling, very helpful. there are some free tours such as village/ snorkelling that keeps you engaged if you just want a boat ride from the island. But this is the perfect heaven to relax and finish your books by the beach,..I had a hard time to get nice food in the mainland/ Nandi but at musket cove, I loved every food they had on the menu. It is indeed a different and a special resort. No wonder a lot guests are repeated ones and i feel i am to be another repeated one.
Oh not to forget but they have Kava everynight for the people who enjoy that.
And yes I do recommend Musket cove for people who consider Fiji to for their destination to have a quiet and blissful time to capture perfect sunset over the horizon!

Room Tip: Garden Bure are quite spacious, quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It would be really difficult not to enjoy a stay here as the island and accommodation are really nice. We booked a hotel room but were upgraded (at least I think we were, no one mentioned it!) to a garden bungalow. The bungalow was large and very well appointed with a huge bathroom sporting indoor and outdoor showers.

However, by the end of our three day stay we were starting to call this place "but island"
- the Indian buffet night was a great idea BUT the beef curry was finished buy the time we ate and we finished the fish curry - so eat by 730 or starve
- the pie stand was a great idea BUT the twice we tried to have lunch here (once at 1pm, once at noon) there were no pies!
- the barbecue is a great idea BUT no one explains you have to light your own fire and the portion sizes are terrible considering the price (we ate steaks twice the size in Fiji for the same money, all cooked by a professional chef)
- free snorkelling trips are offered BUT the can only take 16 people (the resort would accommodate at least 300) so are booked solid
- there is a small and very cheap 9 hole golf course beside the hotel BUT they don't tell you about it (note: it is a very basic course, more like an extended pitch and put - great value at under £10 for a round including clubs and balls but I felt sorry for the guests who arrived with their own clubs, presumably flown in at some cost)

I could go on but the general theme was of getting the big things right and the small things wrong - these will never ruin a holiday but do make it impossible to love this hotel or want to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Keeler11, General Manager at Musket Cove Island Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Bula and thankyou for your comments and feedback. Fortunately this forum allows for a fair and balanced reply.
I'd like to clarify most of your points.
- Not sure why you make it sound as though we did something wrong by upgrading you from our budget rooms to a bure. As apposed to making a song and dance we prefer to surprise our guests..sorry.
- Curry night. I agree, we must make sure we have ample quantities of curry.
- We make pies and sausage rolls etc fresh daily and 99% of the time we have stock left at the end of the day. I know this because I usually enjoy one when I finish work.
- BBQ. This comment is suspicious because we haven't offered wood fired BBQ since early November. We have rebuilt the island bar and installing electric BBQ's. Rarely do resorts offer such a relaxed cook your own bbq option, which everyone loves. Especially in such a unique location as our island bar.
- Yes, we offer two FREE daily snorkel trips to various snorkelling spots. We DO NOT limit numbers to 16. We have 3 boats with each taking 16 guests. But we usually take 2 boats. Musket Cove does NOT accommodate 300 guests. We are only 55 rooms.
- The golf course is a simple pitch and put course, owned by Plantation Island. But available to Musket guests. It is clearly mentioned in our compendium. Guests do NOT visit Musket for golf vacations. And never is the course promoted as more than a barefoot fun course. If you saw guests with their own clubs more than likely they played at some of FIjis mainland courses and came to the islands for relaxation.
Under no circumstances do we profess to be perfect, but I feel it important to balance your review with the facts.
Vinaka
Garry Snodgrass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Me and 3 other girlfriends stayed in November. I was a bit worried because the weather hadn't looked too good, but we arrived on the cat in the evening and was greeted by a singing band as he boat pulled up to the marina.

We boarded the Bula bus and were given a quick tour of the resort. There was some mix up with the villas, but the problem was sorted out quickly and without a fuss.

Accommodation - Armstrong Villa
Air conditioned rooms, but the living area was not air conditioned.
We spent 5 nights, the location of the villa is a tiny bit inconvenient, it's not as close to the pool and restaurants as the buries and the resort villas, but it was nice for a walk after dinner,
One afternoon, at about 4pm, we smelt the stench of sewerage. It was not too big of a problem and only affecte the villa area, as we decided to go to the pool where the smell had left by then.

The pool is great and so is the beach, you can order drinks and they'll be slivers to you in the pool or of you're soaking up the sun in the beach.

We took a snorkelling trip (reef safari I think) and it was lovely. Only problem is when all the other resorts turn up with children screaming and laughing. But just dunk your head underwater and you're in paradise.

All non-motorised activity is free of charge, e.g. Snorkelling, kayaking, paddle boarding....

If you take a walk up past the chapel and follow the path to the right at the junction,you'll find yourself having a very peaceful walk towards The Gallery, a quaint shop with souvenirs and hand made items amongst other things- must see! We were lucky to have a staff member show us, definitely ask! The Gallery isn't much advertised, but worth a visit!

We had an excellent time, an definitely will go back! If it was great before the renovations, can't wait to see what it's like now!

Room Tip: Armstrong villa further from main section of the resort, but fantastic location over the water. Def...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Nadi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

If your'e looking for romantic walks on the beach as the sun sets and the skies turn a hue of every color imaginable, Musket Cove is the place to be! Get away from it all with the beautiful smiles of the Fijian Staff and true Fijian Hospitality. Keep the iPhone for photos but keep the emails at bay. The seamless experience starts when you step onto the Malolo Cat that will transfer you an hour out to the island, a scenic transfer. The accommodation is exceptional and the staff above par. Get there to get away!

Room Tip: The Lagoon rooms are private and the way to go.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Musket Cove Island Resort? Share your experiences!