Just got back from our 4th trip to Plantation Island, and am planning the 5th!
It was quiet for this stay, so Ananda's was closed, which freed up Wame to sing at the Copra Shed! John jammed with them a few nights, all great fun. The buffet wasn't on for a few nights, but the a la carte menu made up for that. We had breakfast and dinner there, with most lunches were sandwiches from the supplies we bought at Musket Cove or Anamda's supermarkets, on the island.
We spent most of the time swimming, snorkling or lying by one of the 3 pools on Plantation Island. The free snorkling on the sand bar was fantastic, and a tip is to take out some stale bread for the fish. Such an abundance of different types of fish there. My daughter and her family stayed for some of the time we were there, and I had my 4 year old grand daughter with her mask and snorkel on out the front of there Beach Bure, with fish swimming all around us.
We had booked a Hotel room, but as it wasn't busy, we were upgraded to a poolside room, perfect for after dinner late night swims.
Our activities included the Shell Village visit, Island hopping, lots of fun with our lot, including the pusher for the 1 year old! Went of the dolphin cruise, but alas no dolphins. This allowed more time to snorkle on one of the deeper reefs.
At least 4 of the staff remembered us from past visits, and it really felt like we were returning home to family. Michael is back on Plantation Island, and Richie as the firelighter had all the kids running after him like the pied piper! After 2 days we felt like we had been on the island for a week, such was the relaxing feel of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island