Our family, 2 adults and 5 children, spent 3 nights at plantation island at the start of May. The accommodation was lovely...all we needed, no extras just the basics, the scenery was gorgeous. On arrival we were greeted with lovely singing and shell necklaces, all very nice.
The next morning we had a lovely breakfast and we all had a swim in the ocean and played on the inflatable that was there, had a canoe around and relaxed.
The staff smiled, but they weren't really interested in having a chat, l felt they were really flat and not at all bubbly like l expected. No one came up to us and spoke much to the kids, there was no one on the beach for the kids to muck around and chase. Kids club was not that interesting and they watched movies at night, l would of much rather had seen them outside looking for wildlife and running around. It was lacking atmosphere big time. The kids jumped in the pool one morning and they all came out crying of sore eyes!! So we didn't use the pool after that.
Food was also expensive, and you only had a couple of restaurants to choose from that both charged a lot. Activities were also very expensive, the only thing we did was snorkel which was good. So disappointing overall and we wont go back again. A day trip here is properly enough.
It felt like they trapped you, we couldn't organise to hire a long boat for a reasonable price, so the only thing going for it was the beautiful scenery. We stayed at the Radisson in Denaru after that and that was buzzing with fun for the kids, young Fijian adults were really getting involved and our kids absolutely loved it, kids club was fun chasing the bula man around and lighting the evening torches, catching crabs and lizards, lots of laughs. However, Denaru doesn't have the beautiful beach, but it makes up for it in fun for the kids. Day trip to Plantation sufficient and then stay at the Radisson the kids will have a ball, Elmo from kids club was our favourite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island